Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2015, 05:00 AM

Default Problem with offline bounce

I have some side chain compression not coming through on an offline bounce. It is there when bounced in real time but not when using offline bounce.

Would appreciate any ideas/suggestions? Has anyone experienced something similar?

Old 05-24-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcl View Post
I have some side chain compression not coming through on an offline bounce. It is there when bounced in real time but not when using offline bounce.

Would appreciate any ideas/suggestions? Has anyone experienced something similar?

If you're using hardware it's normal that it won't be there in the offline bounce. Offline are obviously not in real time, therefor no audio is being sent out to any outputs. You're hardware would probably not even be able to handle it if Pro tools did send audio to the output during an offline bounce.

Wave-T.com
Old 05-25-2015, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
If you're using hardware it's normal that it won't be there in the offline bounce. Offline are obviously not in real time, therefor no audio is being sent out to any outputs. You're hardware would probably not even be able to handle it if Pro tools did send audio to the output during an offline bounce.
Thanks for the reply Emcha_audio. Unfortunately the bounce doesn't involve any outboard equipment, it's all in the box. It's totally puzzling to me, there must be some others who have experienced this too. I'd love to hear if anyone is able to do an offline bounce successfully using internal keychains.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcl View Post
Thanks for the reply Emcha_audio. Unfortunately the bounce doesn't involve any outboard equipment, it's all in the box. It's totally puzzling to me, there must be some others who have experienced this too. I'd love to hear if anyone is able to do an offline bounce successfully using internal keychains.
I don't think it can be done in PT as it stands. Have read here though that track freeze that's coming in PT12 will do what you want.

QAPLA!
Old 05-25-2015, 07:12 AM

I've explained the cause, and solution in these two threads.

Current Thread.

Old Thread.

Hope that helps.