How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 AM

Default Duplicated Clip is Missing Half a Beat

Hey guys,

I recorded acoustic guitar and drums live. I didn't use a click track so during editing I used "identify beat" to correct the drums to the grid. I then proceeded to use elastic audio to tighten the guitar to the drums and make the strums more consistent.

During the opening 8 bars of the song the guitar is by itself so I decided to copy the same passage from later in the song to the front.

Problem is, even when I'm in grid mode and duplicating 8 bars, when I past it, it shows something like 7 and a bit bars. Missing some of the beats.

I cannot use the trim tool to expand the clip. It's really frustrating.

Can anybody tell me why? or how to fix it?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Duplicated Clip is Missing Half a Beat

I can't tell you how to fix the issue but this is called sample rounding. I'm in search of the best way to deal with this issue as well without compromising a song.