Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-19-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: PT 6.4 is HERE!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
yes and it´s the end for the digi 001

http://www.digidesign.com/exchange/digi001/digi001.cfm

regs
This is incredibly lame of Digi. So in a year or so my 002r will be unsupported? Is there a reason I should feel safe in my choice considering the future?
Just remember the colors of the DIGI001 tell the true story, it was originally released to run on the B&W G3's and we all know how long ago that was.
The 001 has a good life, if the 002 family lives that long it would be nice.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Does this mean that 6.4 is the last upgrade for 001 users or does this mean 6.2.3 was the last upgrade??? The info is a little vague.
Looks to me like 6.4 will be the last for 001 and also for Mix systems

Yes but it IS vague !

Hello Digi, could you give us a clear answer on this ?
Thanks!

How is this....
Quote:
Following the release of Pro Tools LE 6.4 software, Digidesign will no longer continue to include support for Digi 001 systems in future Pro Tools software releases.
...at all vague???
Old 04-19-2004, 09:49 PM

Thanks Chris, must I have misread that line
Old 04-19-2004, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Does this mean that 6.4 is the last upgrade for 001 users or does this mean 6.2.3 was the last upgrade??? The info is a little vague.
Looks to me like 6.4 will be the last for 001 and also for Mix systems

Yes but it IS vague !

Hello Digi, could you give us a clear answer on this ?
Thanks!

How is this....
Quote:
Following the release of Pro Tools LE 6.4 software, Digidesign will no longer continue to include support for Digi 001 systems in future Pro Tools software releases.
...at all vague???
For what it's worth, I downloaded this text from the 6.4 download site:

"About Pro Tools LE 6.4

Pro Tools LE 6.4 is a free download for all Pro Tools LE 6.0 and higher owners.

Pro Tools LE 6.4 software provides support for Windows XP with the following Digidesign Pro Tools LE systems:

Digi 002

Digi 002 Rack

Mbox

Digi 001"

Looks like the 001 is supported.

Old 04-19-2004, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah great new bunch of features NOT !!! So did u guys actually fix that POS Core Audio driver? Previous efforts were utterly pathetic. Multi-Client now? SIGH
Not to be negative, but I have to agree with this. Keep your handful of interface tweaks and give me a CoreAudio driver that's worth something. Maybe fix the deep sleep problem while you're at it.

Like any of this will ever happen. Ugh...
Reason 2.5
ProTools LE 6.1
Digi001
Old 04-19-2004, 11:45 PM

Quote:

For what it's worth, I downloaded this text from the 6.4 download site:

"About Pro Tools LE 6.4

Pro Tools LE 6.4 software provides support for Windows XP with the following Digidesign Pro Tools LE systems:

Digi 002

Digi 002 Rack

Mbox

Digi 001"

Looks like the 001 is supported.

Nobody's saying that the 001 isn't supported under 6.4...it's everything after that which will not support the 001.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:33 AM

how misunderstood can a sentence get,

I hope this makes it clear

Quote:

Pro Tools LE 6.4 software provides support for Mac OS X 10.3 with the following Digidesign Pro Tools LE systems:

* Digi 002
* Digi 002 Rack
* Mbox
* Digi 001

regs
Old 04-20-2004, 09:31 AM

I thought Digi said they would have a fix for the CoreAudio driver in 6.4! If they did not fix it in 6.4 (sounds like they didn't), then us Digi 001 users will NEVER see a fix since Digidesign has announced that all future versions of PT LE will not be compatible with the 001. Now THAT seems extremely unfair not to even give us Digi 001 users a fix to this major problem.

As I ponder upgrading to the 002R, I will also be looking at other options (Logic 7 perhaps by summer - humm). I have loved PT LE and my Digi 001. And, I don't think it's reasonable for Digidesign to be expected to continue to support the 001 as technology progresses. But, to not even fix a major bug and claim 6.4 the last suppoted update for the Digi 001 is irresponsible and...well, just WRONG!

I am very disappointed with Digidesign's current response to this issue.

K
Old 04-20-2004, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I thought Digi said they would have a fix for the CoreAudio driver in 6.4! If they did not fix it in 6.4 (sounds like they didn't), then us Digi 001 users will NEVER see a fix since Digidesign has announced that all future versions of PT LE will not be compatible with the 001. Now THAT seems extremely unfair not to even give us Digi 001 users a fix to this major problem.

As I ponder upgrading to the 002R, I will also be looking at other options (Logic 7 perhaps by summer - humm). I have loved PT LE and my Digi 001. And, I don't think it's reasonable for Digidesign to be expected to continue to support the 001 as technology progresses. But, to not even fix a major bug and claim 6.4 the last suppoted update for the Digi 001 is irresponsible and...well, just WRONG!

I am very disappointed with Digidesign's current response to this issue.

K

Ditto. I think you lost me, Digi....
Reason 2.5
ProTools LE 6.1
Digi001
Old 04-20-2004, 11:59 AM

Well I installed last night, I havn't fully tested yet but after replacing the controller personality files for the CS10 everything seems to be working great. Nice new look. I wish the track numbers were not black though, they get confused with the track name. How about having track numbers in a nice BOLD color so that they are easily identified without having to decifer them. I know that they need to be sent to controllers, and it's about time this was implemented...what a wait! Something so basic. I was getting tired of manually counting the tracks, especially in Narrow view with stereo tracks.

Now lets just hope that my HUI works when I install it in a few days. I must say though that for the first time getting the CS10 to work right out of the gate with no futsing was great. I just went into my perriferals and bam bam voila!! Did they fix that or is it just that my system is optimised??? I don't remember it ever being this straight forward.

I'm going to test a few things (001) today and report back. I'm really holding thumbs that mu HUI will work.........there are some horror stories about Mackie Universal controllers and PTLE6.4................I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, one other thing..........I hope that Digidesign fixes the core audio driver for us 001 users in PTLE 6.4.1 so that at least we can be left hanging with a completly functional system. If so, I'd be happy that they move on to better things but I cannot accept a non functioning HUI or Core Audio (standalone driver) That my friends would indeed be pulling the carpet out from under us!

Digi001
(RME adi-8 pro)
G4 MMD Dual 1g + 1.25g RAM
PTLE 6.4 (DVToolkit)
Mac. OS 10.3.3
3 Lacie 80g FW Audio Drives