Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 11-09-2012, 05:15 PM

Default No Sound Out Of Converters???

Hello.
This is a very odd occurrence that's been happening for past few days. My system is MAC/Intel Pro Tools HD-9 System with 6 192s clocked by Big Ben with HEDD192 as master clock) and ICON . The problem started when a week ago few times I would open Pro Tools at the beginning of the day only seeing 5 out of 6 devices(192s). Had to restart it then it goes to full 6. That was a week ago. Few days ago, I open PT see 5, so I restart and still 5. No sound would come out of converters or get registered on meters of 192. Where I see it on meters in Pro Tools software. Tried restarting it few times, trashing preferences, switching sample rates. Finally, after a few hours sound came back on.
Next day same thing, accept now sound doesn't come back. Tried to find if its one of the converts (192) is bad. Thought I singled out one, disconnected. Ok everything came back on. Next day same thing, even with the disconnected 192 same problem No Sounds or audio on meters of 192s.
The weird thing is after about 2 hours the sound comes back....
Any ideas.
Thanks.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 PM

Default Re: No Sound Out Of Converters???

Automate your computer to turn on two hours before you get there .
At least until you find where the problem is .

Have installed any new updates recently .
I don't have much to offer you unfortunately with a rig like that you must have it connected to a console I would imagine . You situation is far beyond my actual experience . But once in a while a dummy answer may get you through until you actually fix the underlying issue.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Audio View Post

I don't have much to offer you unfortunately with a rig like that you must have it connected to a console I would imagine . You situation is far beyond my actual experience . But once in a while a dummy answer may get you through until you actually fix the underlying issue.
Thanks at this point any ideas are welcomed:)) Computer is working good its all that's connected to it i'm having issues with. Yes connected to a console.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:11 PM

Have you tried reseating all cards and digilink cables?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Audio View Post

... with a rig like that you must have it connected to a console I would imagine ...

phatbeatstudio...Why on earth would you imagine that?

He has an ICON, he has "Mix" in his user name, he has a lot of converters. Did you ever consider that he might be doing post or just solely mixing? BTW...I read his studio's equipment list and didn't see a console.

New username (a TOS violation, by the way)...same old (mostly) BS posts...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh