Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2014, 06:47 AM

Default Re: These Eucon CRASHES are driving me nuts!!

Yup... You can uninstall Eucon using programs and services and reinstall using the Cubase installer by just selecting 'Eucon' from the option list. I did this a couple of times when I first installed the Artist hardware. If memory serves I did it in the following order (after having tried various installation sequences):

1. Uninstall Cubases's Eucon using method described above.
2. Uninstall Avid's Eucon stack using programs and services
3. Reinstall Avid's Eucon
4. Setup the surfaces using the Eucon UI
5. Reinstall Cubase's Eucon using the method described above
Old 05-12-2014, 12:39 PM

Okay!

I've gone through all of the steps in the order that you've outlined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpechet1 View Post
Mopro - You might want to reinstall Euconn using the 7.5.2 installer... That solved the crash on exist problem for me. (I think it was as the 7.5.2 installer but it may have been the original 7.5 installer... Can't remember now...)
One clarification I want to point out is that I had to use the Cubase 7.5 full installer to be able to re-install the Steinberg EuCon Adapter! The Cubase 7.5.20 updater did not give me the option!

Because Steinberg updated the EuCon Adapter to 6.5.1.5 as of Cubase 7.0.3, and the installer that I used to upgrade to Cubase 7.5 was the full installer .iso... I never had to install Cubase 7, so that also meant that I already had the latest version of the EuCon Adapter!

As a result, this exercise did not cure the problem for me! But, I did learn more about the Cubase installation options should I need them in the future... so it's all good!

On the plus side... It seems Steinberg agrees that there is an issue because they have formally acknowledged the bug by placing it in the "Collected Issues" area on the Cubase 7 forum!

Of course that only means Steinberg was able to reproduce the problem on their test system!

So, hopefully the bug will be squashed in the next update!

Thanks for your help cpechet1

@ KeyplayerG - Sorry... I was not trying to hi-jack this thread... so, what is happening with your situation... you didn't answer the question regarding updating the firmware of your MC Control?

Al

Last edited by MoPro; 05-13-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:39 PM

In a particular project Cubase crashes when I delete selected tracks or when I shift+click on certain tracks. All of the crashes I have experienced seem to be related to track selection in cubase and I think they are due to Eucon. Any ideas?
Cubase 7.5.20
Pro Tools 11.0
RME HDSPe AIO
Old 06-06-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPro View Post
.....@ KeyplayerG - Sorry... I was not trying to hi-jack this thread... so, what is happening with your situation... you didn't answer the question regarding updating the firmware of your MC Control?

Al
I'm good. I'm running the latest version of Eucontrol (3.1.2) and I placed the icon shortcut in my tool tray on my desktop. Eucon STILL DROPS THE CONNECTION ON START UP, which is what always started the "series of unfortunate events" that inevitably led to the crashes. But now, it's a simple matter of clicking on the icon which "wakes up" Eucon and it connects to Nuendo and works pretty much as expected.

Booting sequence is as follows:
1) Turn on the MC.
2) The logo comes on and stalls, as it drops connection (???).
3) Click on icon and MC "wakes up."
4) Turn on Nuendo and MC locks to it.
5) Get to work.

Obviously number 2 is annoying. But now, I don't even pay any attention to it (thanks to number 3). IF that were the only problem, I wouldn't even consider it an issue.

Now if I could just figure out how to make the shuttle wheel scroll the mixer channels right when I turn it right, I'd be content!