Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 07:15 PM

Default PT 002 with LOGIC pro7

can anyone here help me set this up? (audio interface)
Old 07-11-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: PT LE with LOGIC pro7

is anyone here using PT 002 as interface for logic pro7?

does it work? each time i launch logic it says "audio device removed" and reverts to internal spkrs
thanks in advance
Old 07-12-2005, 05:55 PM

What you have to do (and it is annoying to say the least because Logic 6 used to do this automatically) is boot the "Digidesign CoreAudio Manager" 1st...Once it sees your 002 as connected then you can boot Logic 7 and it will see your 002...

The bigger problem is that, having followed every step to the letter, I can't get Logic 7 to see midi input from my 002 (My set-up is exactly the same as in Logic 6). The 002 sees MIDI from my keyboard and logic sees that the keyboard is there...but no input...

Let me know if you have the same thing...or an answer!
Old 07-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Avid

John - is the 002 showing up properly in AMS?

If not, make sure you have the proper midi driver installed. Go to MacHD>Library>Audio>MIDI Drivers and let me know what's in that folder. You should see DigiMIDIDriver.plugin. You may also want to remove any other MIDI drivers that are installed that you're not using.

One more thing - try trashing Pro Tools preferences and possibly your AMS configurations and preferences, as there may be a corrupt preference causing the problem.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:28 PM

I have 3 drivers:

-DigidesignMIDIIODriver.plugin (Ver 2.1)
-DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin (ver 6.9)
-EmagicUSBMIDIDriver.plugin (ver 1.5)

Conflict??? Let me know what to keep...

I've trashed just about every pref. I can lay my hands on with no luck...so I'm hoping this is it

Thanks...JB
Old 07-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Avid

If you're not using an Emagic midi interface, remove the Emagic driver and the DigidesignMIDIIODriver.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:34 PM

OK...still no luck...but here's another clue:

If I try to make a new configuration in AMS the Digi 002 icon shows up without any ports and the ports are locked out in the set up page...in order to get what looks like the set-up I need I have to load the default which (in addition to the IAC driver, the 002 with ports and my PC88) has a mystery device with no ports that I can't delete
Old 07-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Avid

Try the following:

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Audio>MIDI Configurations and delete everything in that folder.

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences>By Host and delete files named 'com.apple.MIDI.a bunch of numbers.plist'.

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences and delete 'com.apple.audio.audiomidisetup.plist', 'com.digidesign.protools.plist', DAE Prefs (folder), Digisetup.OSX and any Pro Tools preferences files.

Empty the trash and restart. After restart, launch AMS and, hopefully, the 002's ports should show up.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:19 AM

This has caused the opposite result-->now there are no Digi 002 ports in the AMS default configuration...Though I have a feeling that this is a more accurate representation of what's really going on with the 002 and AMS

Possible suspect?: Pro-tools went through a 002 firmware update routine after I had installed Logic...I'd like to try re-updating, but I can't find 002 rack firmware on the site (I'm only stabbing in the dark here-->not even sure if this makes sense)
Old 07-26-2005, 10:30 PM

Quote:
This has caused the opposite result-->now there are no Digi 002 ports in the AMS default configuration...Though I have a feeling that this is a more accurate representation of what's really going on with the 002 and AMS

Possible suspect?: Pro-tools went through a 002 firmware update routine after I had installed Logic...I'd like to try re-updating, but I can't find 002 rack firmware on the site (I'm only stabbing in the dark here-->not even sure if this makes sense)
Any luck with this? I am having the exact same problem - but for mine, it used to work fine, but ever since I upgraded either a) quicktime (to 7), b) my system (to 10.3.9), or c) my CoreAudio driver, I can use the 002 to input audio to Logic, but not MIDI. I know it isn't QT, because I just reinstalled 6. So somewhere in B and C is the problem - because they are the only things I have changed. Good luck!