Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Problem 7.4 Upgrade Error Message - Record Volume

I just upgraded to PTLE 7.4. I tried running the "filtered dream" demo after the install and it worked fine. But when I tried starting a new session, I got an error message advising ( "session must be on an audio record volume" ). When I tried to apply the "R" designation to my external HD in the workspace, I got a message "drive cannot be designated as an Audio Record volume because it is formatted as a FAT volume". The drive referenced was my external HD. Everything worked fine under version 7.3.1 just before the install and I am using the same external HD. Any suggestions out there on a fix for this?
Old 12-06-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Problem 7.4 Upgrade Error Message - Record Volume

I am having the same problem.

WinXP sp2. External harddrive.

This worked fine in 7.3.1. When I upgraded? to 7.4 I cannot change the external drive to a record volume.

Any help in how to solve this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

[Edit]
I just read this in the Digi support FirewireDrive Requirements:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...5&itemid=23126

FireWire Drive Formatting
Drives should be formatted with Windows XP disk administration without Dynamic Disk selected
NTFS or FAT32 file system for Windows XP
Windows XP is unable to create a FAT32 partition on a drive that is larger than 32 GB. If your drive is larger than 32 GB, either use a partitioning application such as PartitionMagic or use the NTFS file system.
Windows NTFS or FAT32 formatted drives supported on Mac OS X for transfer only

Please Note:
FAT32 Volumes & Future Versions of Pro Tools for Windows
Pro Tools 7.3.x will be the last version of Pro Tools that will support FAT32 for Recording.
Future versions of Pro Tools for Windows XP and Windows Vista will not support FAT32 for recording, but will continue to support FAT32 formatted volumes for Playback and Transfer.