Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Audio Record or Playback Volume Error Info

Same problem. Sessions that worked before on my mac and my pc wont open up in 7.1. I don't know what to do. My newewst drive was formatted in osx and the other one was is a fat 32. Do I have to format these drives again? I sure hope I don't.

I just keep having crazy problems with digi products.....
Old 08-20-2006, 03:15 AM

me too mate
Old 08-21-2006, 06:29 PM

Kay...Check this out...I have the new intel MacBook Pro. 80 Gig HD. I have a LaCie 250GB 7200Rpm HD. I am running PTLE 7.1.1 on a Digi002r. I just started off with it and it WAS working great. I had 3 or maybe 4 sessions saved on the drive and I went to track some drums. That also went smoothe as cake...or whatever is smoothe. It wasn't until I tried to play back the audio that I ran into the same message I have seen after every remedy on this thread. It reads as thus:

"DAE cant get audio from the drive(s) fast enough. Your drive my be too slow or fragmented, or a firewire drive could be having trouble due to the extra firewire bandwidth or CPU load. (-9073)"

I tried changing the volumes but they were already set to "R". I tried repairing permissions. I tried trashing database and pref folders...I tried formattting the drive. Nothing works...It starts to play with a loud beep and noise and it stops 2 seconds later and gives me that message...Sorry this is so long. I just want to get all the info out there...SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:40 PM

Sorry...I've never been part of a forum before, not sure how it all works, and wasn't sure how to reply, but I posted a message at the end of the thread just a minute ago.....I just want this to get to the right people...sorry once again... My post was this:

Kay...Check this out...I have the new intel MacBook Pro. 80 Gig HD. I have a LaCie 250GB 7200Rpm HD. I am running PTLE 7.1.1 on a Digi002r. I just started off with it and it WAS working great. I had 3 or maybe 4 sessions saved on the drive and I went to track some drums. That also went smoothe as cake...or whatever is smoothe. It wasn't until I tried to play back the audio that I ran into the same message I have seen after every remedy on this thread. It reads as thus:

"DAE cant get audio from the drive(s) fast enough. Your drive my be too slow or fragmented, or a firewire drive could be having trouble due to the extra firewire bandwidth or CPU load. (-9073)"

I tried changing the volumes but they were already set to "R". I tried repairing permissions. I tried trashing database and pref folders...I tried formattting the drive. Nothing works...It starts to play with a loud beep and noise and it stops 2 seconds later and gives me that message...Sorry this is so long. I just want to get all the info out there...SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:27 PM

I have the same problem on my PC. Sometimes it will record and not stop. Then I end up with single audio tracks 2 gigs or more, and I can't delete them. I have to use my tower to erase the huge files.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:33 PM

When I finally got too fed up with the problem, I tried to reformat my external drive after I copied all that was on it to my internal hard drive. It wouldn't take certain audio files in this one session. It said that the file was unreadable, so I couldn't copy most of that session to anywhere else except the trash...I found out that the error was coming from the fact that I had corrupt files in the session. I reformatted, and that in turn got rid of all the bad audio files and tried to record, playback, and edit after that and it is all gravy...I have no idea how they became corrupt, but I am back in business. The only thing stupid is that I have to re-record that session...bummer, but it wasn't a job, just something some friends and I were messing around with. Thank God!!! Later guys!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:59 PM

I just grabbed a new maxtor 7200 rpm 200 gig drive and I cannot play a single track in pro tools. Not one F'ing track!!! I loaded a session, disabled all tracks but one and got the buffer error. I have tried everything posted her. Brand new format and everything!!! Any ideas? this just flat out sucks!!

BOOOO Digidesign....

Hooray 2" tape...

J/K can I get some answers though?

PS It's error 6085 buffer underun.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:58 AM

I have searched these boards and others and the threads just stop without really offering a solution. Can anyone help me before I tear all my hair out?

SYSTEM: Intel-based Mac, OS 10.4.7. Using Pro Tools LE 6.9.2 for MBOX. External firewire hard drive.

ERROR: In Windows>Show Workspace, cannot change to "R" for record on any hard drive without the "this is not a valid audio record volume."

I have installed and uninstalled Pro Tools more times than I can count. I have trashed the databases as instructed. I have formatted and reformatted the external drive to Mac OS extended and Mac OS extended(journaled), both ways, more than I can count.

I have spent hours upon hours and all of this expensive equipment and software is still useless to me. What do I have to do??? Is 10.4.7 not supported? I'm not upgrading to Pro Tools 7.1.1 only to throw good money after bad.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
SYSTEM: Intel-based Mac, OS 10.4.7. Using Pro Tools LE 6.9.2 for MBOX. External firewire hard drive.
Intel Macs need PT7.1.1

PT6.9.2 is NOT supported.

claxpro
Old 09-21-2006, 01:46 PM

Thanks! I don't see on the digidesign site where it says 6.9.2 isn't supported. Now I have to ask. Is anyone on here actually using PT7.1.1 on an intel-based Mac and can say "Yes, it's working, go for it?"
Closed Thread