Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2018, 08:56 AM

Default midi

have pro tools 12 mbox midi track not responding to signal using keyboard
Old 11-14-2018, 10:25 AM

Default Re: midi

Similar situation here...

Running OSX 10.13.6 with Pro Tools 2018.7.

I've got multiple midi controllers where I can confirm MIDI signal coming into the system via both Audio MIDI setup monitoring as well as with the MIDI Monitor app. I've also confirmed that MIDI signals are received by sound generating apps outside of Pro Tools - so it's definitely something about MIDI routing in Pro Tools.

I can also see the chord identified in Pro Tools in the right side of the transport display of the Edit window - so I know Pro Tools is seeing the in-bound MIDI signals.

The test track in question is armed for recording as usual, and I've confirmed via the plug-in's GUI keyboard (Velvet for example) that the plug-in is producing sound.

My Pro Tools MIDI routing hasn't changed since the last time I opened this session, and I've just triple-checked my settings/routing, and the session was created under this version (2018.7).

As a further test, I created a new default session, and I'm getting all of the same results as described above.

This has me scratching my head...

Brian
Old 11-19-2018, 04:49 AM

Default Re: midi

Do you have 'use first selected track' in the MIDI tab in PT preferences? And is everything talking on the same MIDI channel? In the View menu select 'instruments' for the Edit screen and see what the MIDI assignment is there.

QAPLA!