Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 04-24-2017, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

alt button still a little funky.
I'm at the latest version of Eucontrol and it seems the Alt Button bug is still not 100% resolved. 1st time I toggle over to advanced automation and hit preview it won't work... 2nd time will and seems to keep working after that. wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if the fix isn't perfected..

cheers

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 05-02-2017, 10:28 AM

Hi Eddie,

Something funky in Eucon 3.6 with wheel assignments also (please see separate thread)

Thanks

Andrej
Old 05-04-2017, 08:38 AM

also funkiness with Flip button on S3... its stays lit no matter if it is in flip mode or not
Old 06-07-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioartist View Post
Go inte sends, and if you have a stereosend, press the encoder to go into sends pan mode, you can now adjust sends pan but now you dont have any volume of the send anymore. Tried it on PT 12.5 today as well, same thing.
hi eddie. is this send pan issue going to be fixed? this post i quoted is a year old. it is same on artist mix and ipad control. can only assume it is same on dock which i'm considering buying.

also is the jog wheel on dock assignable to selected channel pan? that way you always have a pan knob at your disposal even while in send or insert view. would be way cool. kinda wish the dock just had a dedicated pan knob above the fader.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Avid

Yes this bug is already fixed and will be in PT 12.8 in a week or 2. The issue was that pressing the knob top in EUCON is clear, so for this control only, we removed clear.
I don't think the jog wheel can be pan although I did envisage being able to put any knob on the wheel once, so maybe one day.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Anz View Post
My theoretical "General" box layout mentioned in my IdeaScale would be something like

starting from top to bottom:

left knob 1 = clip gain
left knob 2 = (if you can't add the pan square(s) in the middle) - left (mono) pan; front pan; push to access F/R pan
left knob 3 = (if you can't add the pan square(s) in the middle) - right pan (if stereo track)
left knob 4 = control low cut filter of the first EQ plugin if applicable / push in to activate/deactivate LCF OR, assignable as a button

right knobs = basic dynamics settings of the first dynamics/channel strip insert like threshold/attack/release/ratio. A second subpage can handle the other surround/stero pan options if applicable.
That's really great idea.
All knobs should can do something even out of channel mode...
Let me give some my suggestions about it:

Left knobs - I quite agree with this scenario above, but apart from panning section the most crucial thing is input monitoring to make attention channel complete.

Right knobs - I definitely would prefer to have possibility to assign some Custom Wheel Commands here. Why?
You would say we have great jog wheel in a Dock for that, so ...
But now I'm during really really extensive edition work and I'm touching and editing hundreds of clips a day. Working with a jogwheel is nice and pleasant even now with only default functions assigned (I hope next update solve the problem with assigning custom jogwheel commands), but it needs to push buttons (sometimes with SHIFT) to change functionality of jogwheel - also hundreds times per day to do that...
I wonder how much faster and much more pleasant the edition could be with the four favorite Custom Wheel Commands assigned to four right knobs... I would wish to have for example - nudging and trimming function here.

The second reason for this is that as I suppose the sensitivity of jogwheel probably doesn't fit so well for functions like nudging where we need very precise action - I think the knob whould be simply better for that purposes...

Thanks
Maro

Last edited by Maro Records; 06-14-2017 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:48 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro Records View Post
(I hope next update solve the problem with assigning custom jogwheel commands)
It does in just over a week.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:39 PM

Hey Eddie,

Hope you're settling into the PM chair nicely... great to have a PM for these amazing new control surfaces that is willing to wade out into the fray;-j

Say, I just bought a Pro Tools Dock to use with Logic Pro X. Despite best efforts, I've not been able to get a response or functionality out of the knobs on either side of the iPad bay, or from the 16 soft buttons below the bay.

The transport, jog wheel, fader, and the soft buttons on the left and right of the wheel are all working pretty well. The rest does not.

I noticed in the Eucontrol settings that there are no maps for the knobs or the 16-button bank... coincidence... or not?

Is there something I'm missing here, or is this portion of the dock not yet mapped in Logic?

For reference, I'm running a 2015 iMac with Sierra latest version, and Logic 10.3 (latest also). I've installed the latest firmware on the Dock, Eucon 3.6 and associated Workstation driver, added the latest appset to the root Library folder as directed, and dragged logic pro into Eucontrol prefs application list...

Best,

Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Hi

I'm the new Product Manager for all EUCON surfaces. I used to manage the S5, Max Air, S5MC and I designed the S6, but I now look after all surfaces. Whilst I can't promise I can reply to every post, I will make sure I read your comments as much as possible.

Eddie Jones
Old 06-21-2017, 10:49 PM
Avid

You don't mention an iPad or the Control App, do you have that running too ?
Old 06-21-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
You don't mention an iPad or the Control App, do you have that running too ?
My bad. I'm running the latest Logic Remote app on an iPad 2...

Also, the Dock is plugged directly into the iMac via the Ethernet crossover cable that was supplied with the unit.

Last edited by rkmelion; 06-21-2017 at 11:15 PM. Reason: (unnecessarily flippant;-j)