Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-19-2002, 06:50 PM

Default Berhinger Truth monitors

ANY GOOD?? ANY USERS AND OPINIONS.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Berhinger Truth monitors

http://www.creativemac.com/2002/10_o...r_shootout.htm

read that.

Wiz
Old 11-20-2002, 06:07 AM

Wow!!!!!! rated next to the Mackies!!!!
Oh by the way these guys got em' for $398 bucks!!! I almost bought a pair..(never heard them or seen a review on them)...now I think I will buy a pair! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
www.bayviewproaudio.com
Old 11-20-2002, 07:12 AM

The Behringer Truths were designed to be knockoffs of the Mackies and first started selling at $800, but I guess no one was buying because everyone carries them for $400 now. There are many reviews of them here on the DUC and not many are favorable. In addition you can look at the article "Ten Powered Nearfields" on www.prorec.com and see why they gave them a grade of D+.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:55 AM

THE truth speakerz are not whut they say.. i heard them next to the mackies and alesis m1 and they sounded fake.. like it had a built in eq that boosted the highs to give it some shine but it sounded like a cheap eq...
Old 11-20-2002, 08:19 AM

Questions about monitors will just confuse you. Just listen to what you like at the store within your price range and choose. Let your ears be the judge. The Truth monitors are no Mackie, but they only cost 400 bones. For $400, you get a set of monitors that translate well once you get used to mixing on them. That is the key. Once you learn your monitors, your mixes will improve. I bought the Truths last year so I could spend extra money on other gear. I have absolutely no complaints. However, if I had the money, I would invest in a really good set of monitors. But to answer your question, the Truths are fine if that is your price range.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:27 AM

if you decide to get them call up musicians friend and ask them for their best price. i got mine for $360 shipped.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:35 AM

I had $400 to spend on monitors and there wasn't much I could try locally, so I decided I'd order the top two contenders and return the loser. I ordered the Behringer Truths and Yorkville YSM-1P powered monitors. The Truths looked better, felt more solid, had a bunch of switches on the back to tailor the sound to your room/taste. I was pretty sure the Truths would win, but when I hooked them up, they started picking up radion stations! Nothing I did could get rid of that damned top 40 station that was coming through the Truths. I do live near a radio signal tower, but still, this was ridiculous, especially considering that the Truths are supposed to be "superiorly shielded" or some such thing. So I pulled the Truths off the stands and put up the Yorkvilles. Dead quiet. I tried to A/B the sound of the two monitors, but it was impossible with the radio coming through the Truths, so I sent them back and stuck with the Yorkvilles. I've been quite happy with them. You may not have the same problem with the Truths, and as a matter of fact, I've never heard anybody else complain about radio interference, but be prepared to return them if you get Truths. Make sure your retailer has a good return policy. Like Musician's Friend.

Good luck!
Old 11-20-2002, 04:30 PM

Ask a hundred people about monitors and you will get 100 different and conflicting responses.

My .02: They sound very good. Low fatigue, decent imaging. A pretty good deal.
High Rock Records & Studio
NYC

http://highrockrecords.com