Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 02-15-2008, 10:42 AM

Default Editing drums with elastic audio

I'm trying to use elastic audio to fix a drum performance, but I am getting some weird stutters and flam issues. I am using M-powered 7.4cs2. I have been doing the quantizing manually by adding warp markers on the down beats and moving them to the grid. But since doing this, the kick drum is starting to flam and the snare drum sometimes stutters. Does anyone have an idea what I could be doing wrong? I thought the tracks were supposed to stay in phase with each other? Thanks!
Old 02-16-2008, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Editing drums with elastic audio

Sounds like you need to set the algorithm to rhythmic?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Editing drums with elastic audio

I have the algorithm set to rhythmic. The drum tracks are grouped so that when I set and move a warp marker, it applies to all the tracks. But it seems that my two overhead tracks are not being affected by the warp markers which is causing there to be a delay between the direct kick sound and the kick sound from the overhead mics. Has anyone come across a similar problem?