Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2014, 05:39 AM

Default PT 10 & 11 on OSX 10.9

The wording on the Avid site is a bit confusing to me. Is there any version of Pro Tools 10 that is supported while co-installing with PT11 on OSX 10.9 Mavericks? I just re-read it and seems like maybe 10.3.6 and 11.1.2 are supported together in OSX 10.9 but I can't be sure.

I'm testing the waters on my laptop before using on my Mac Pro and 10.3.8 and PT 11.1.1 are working ok together in Mavericks but I would like to know what is officially supported.

thanks.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:47 AM

Default Re: PT 10 & 11 on OSX 10.9

No
The most notable problem between 10 and 10.9 is the broken Uninstaller

We're still waiting on an official word on the future of this

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 01-28-2014, 10:58 AM

For now, officially supported PT10/11 co-install must happen on Mountain Lion. Nobody knows when it changes, if ever.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:53 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Since my new computer is going to ship with Mavericks, I guess I'm going have to just roll the dice. As I mentioned, both PT 10 and 11 are working on my MBP with Mavericks so I'm hoping for the same on the new iMac.

I'm pretty much exclusively using 11 these days but I have had to rely on PT10 to open some OMF files still although I'm getting less errors when opening OMFs in PT11 as well as older sessions with plugs that are still not AAX.

Here's another question. The current OS drive in my Mac Pro is an SSD drive running 10.8.5. I picked up a Blackmagic Multidock for my new rig and it has 4 SSD slots. Does anybody know if I'd be able to boot from the SSD from my current Mac Pro and run 10.8.5 if needed to access PT10 in a pinch? I would obviously be inserting the old SSD into the Multidock and not trying to install in the new iMac.

I'm not sure if the SSD I have in my Mac Pro will only boot in other Mac Pros or if my new iMac will be able to boot from it if needed.