Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 04-15-2009, 01:29 PM

Question Eq 31/ oct for moniotr chan..

Hi All

Is possible to use a eq 31/ octv in a channel on a monitor mix

thanks

kalunga
Old 04-15-2009, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Eq 31/ oct for moniotr chan..

Hi, are you asking how to put a 31 band graphic eq in the signal path of your output whatever it may be? If so all you need to do is just click on the "outputs" tab at the top of your screen and then in the middle of the screen you should see a box that says "none" with an arrow just click on that box and you should have a list of available graphs to choose from.

If your asking a more in depth question.. let everybody know.
have a good one
Old 04-21-2009, 02:30 PM

Or perhaps are you wondering how to put a 31-band in-line on your Monitor Bus? So that whatever you solo or monitor may pass through said EQ...

In which case I don't know the answer off the top of my head, but maybe that's the question they're asking.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:43 PM

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but just for my own knowledge to do the last post... On the patch page route Monitor LR to AES Digital LR then take a small aes xlr and jump to the Aes input. On the options page go to Misc. tab then press the digital 2 track radio button on the right hand side dial it up to 0db and turn it on you should hear what you cue in your left right output channel. At this point you could just go to it's output page and and insert a graph as explained above^^. Oh, and of course you could rooute it digitally to a fx channel as well.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:32 AM

That's definitely a way to do it. I was just trying to clarify what the original poster was asking, and assuming that they weren't wanting route anything abnormally like that.

We are actually doing that on our Profile at monitors. We have our cue wedge setup on the main fader. It's much nicer to grab that fader than it is to have to reach up for the knob. In addition to that, our previous monitor board had a wedge fader right there as well, so we didn't really want to change our habit. Works great. I know our monitor engineer loves how he can set everything up...