Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 AM

Default MBox Mini 3G Not Showing Up

I had an 1G MBox and just upgraded to the 3G model to support PT10. I had the system working a few weeks ago. I just started everything up and now I see that that MBox is actually not showing up anywhere. It is not listed as Hardware within ProTools and it is also not listed in "Sound" under Sytem Preferences. Lastly, I do not see it as a USB device if I should be in my System Profiler.

I have reinstalled the drivers from my PT9 box.

I also downloaded what I think it the right MBox drivers online and ran both the uninstall and reinstall several times. Still nothing.

I should see the MBox listed as an output device in the various places I mentioned above right?

What am I missing here???

Thanks,
Tim
Old 01-01-2012, 07:35 AM

Default Re: MBox Mini 3G Not Showing Up

I forgot, here are my specs:

MBox Mini 3G
PT 10.0.0
iMac 2.4 GHZ Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.6.8

I use other USB devices and drives, but I can't even get it to work with a stripped down system of just the iMac and the MBox.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 AM

Hello,
I'm having this exact same problem with my mbox mini 3. It was working fine for about three weeks and then after restarting my computer the mbox was no longer available in the sound preferences and the driver doesn't recognize it as being attached to the computer. I tried reinstalling the driver but nothing changed.

Did you resolve this? Im totally frustrated.

thanks.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:35 AM

Same problem here...

I have mbox mini 3g and mac...snow leopard 10.6.8

The mini suddenly dissapear from the system preferences. I reinstall everything (4 times), check cablem everything and it is not there..Only the blue light on.

Any solution?
Old 06-03-2012, 06:22 AM

Unhappy Re: MBox Mini 3G Not Showing Up

I just posted this on a similar thread.
I'm having the same issue. I recently updated Pro tools 10 to 10.2.0 ( about 4 hours ago ). Ever since the update, my Mbox Mini 3G will not show up in Pro Tools and as of 10 minutes ago, will not show up as being connected to my MacBook Pro. I was in the middle of doing an assignment that's due today. I only have this interface since it was bundled with my Original Pro Tools kit that my school sent me. I don't have any other means to use the microphone since I don't own any other interface. This is the 4th time I've used the Mbox Mini 3G. I don't understand why it's not working. After searching through the DUC, I noticed I wasn't the only one with this issue. please help!!

I've done several clean installs as well. I even re-installed my OS version, backed up, uninstalled and re installed drivers and Pro Tools and still nothing.

has anyone solved this issue?

System Details
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Core i7 15
OSX 10.7.4
Mbox Mini 3G
Pro Tools 10.2.0
Old 06-20-2012, 05:21 PM

I have also posted this in another thread in an effort to get more attention from Digi on this matter.

I too have this problem. Running PT10 through Mbox Mini on Late 2011 Macbook Pro (2.4 Ghz i7, Lion). I have been running PT10 like a champ for three months and all of a sudden the Mbox Mini is not an option in the playback engine drop menu. The Mbox Mini does not show up in the system profiler and Mbox Mini control panel (in System Preferences) says "Hardware Not Connected". I have tried both USB ports and re-installed drivers to no avail.

Very quick searches have turned up quite high numbers of folks across platforms reporting this problem. Please DigiSupport, at least let us know that you are on this.

thanks.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Avid

Post Re: MBox Mini 3G Not Showing Up

Sorry we didn't see this sooner.

Please confirm it is this interface. [fixed the link]

Did you try launching with the N key down? (Pro Tools 9 or higher.)

What version of the Mbox Mini Drivers do you have installed?

CoreAudio Drivers installed?

Is the Mbox Mini listed in System Information/USB?

Does the Mbox Mini show up in Audio MIDI Setup/Audio?

Have you tried creating a new User Account and installing there?

If all that fails, it might be time to contact CS to arrange for an RMA. http://www.avid.com/audiorepair

If you didn't list it in your post...
- What OS version?
- What version of Pro Tools?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:26 AM

Thanks for your response. I believe I covered all this in my post but nonetheless, answers to your questions are below:

Please confirm it is this interface.

That link did not work. I believe the link you intended was http://www.avid.com/US/products/Mbox-Mini
If so, yes that is what I have, 3rd gen. Mbox Mini.

Did you try launching with the N key down? (Pro Tools 9 or higher.)

Yes. Mbox Mini not an option in this list.

What version of the Mbox Mini Drivers do you have installed?

v.1.0.7

CoreAudio Drivers installed?

Yes

Is the Mbox Mini listed in System Information/USB?

No

Does the Mbox Mini show up in Audio MIDI Setup/Audio?

No

Have you tried creating a new User Account and installing there?

No. Frankly this seems a bit above and beyond the call of duty for a user working on supported hardware/software. However I can understand that from a QC/troubleshooting perspective this may help you in your understanding of the problem. Regardless, no i haven't tried this and with all due respect, I am not currently planning on doing so.

If all that fails, it might be time to contact CS to arrange for an RMA. http://www.avid.com/audiorepair

Ok, but just to reiterate; I have seen numerous posts on various forums that seem to be detailing this exact problem.

If you didn't list it in your post...
- What OS version? 10.7.2
- What version of Pro Tools? 10.0

Thanks for your time,
Steve
Old 08-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Just to follow up for those who have this issue and who might stumble on this thread. I spoke with Avid tech support on the phone. I told the man about the symptoms above. He asked me if the red +48v LED illuminated when I engaged the phantom power switch on the back. I said no. He said send it over. It was under warranty. They sent me a new one. End of story. I still have no idea what has caused this. But big thanks to Avid and Digi Tech Support for all their help.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelesieur View Post
They sent me a new one. End of story.
Hey Steve.
People around the world keep having these issues. i have it now.
when you say end of story, do you mean, the new one they sent you is working no sweat? all is good?
because i (and certainly dozens of others) can relate to the same problem. i just pressed the 48V button as soon as i read your post and no light came up.

Just for the sake of information, i bought my unit at Thomann, i tried to solve it with them, sent the mbox back for support (had to decline 2 jobs in that time, but hey...), and when it came back the support report said "no error found"
so, i plugged it in and, surprise, no change.

I'm thinking of recontacting the seller and tell them "gimme another one o' these!"

Thanks Steve