Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2012, 07:06 PM

Default Creative collection wont launch?

I have had pro- tools 8 M- powered for over a year now. The software was running smoothly, except for the occasional freezes. Then all of sudden the software continuously started crashing within sessions. So I figured I would uninstall the software and re-install it by way of disc. Everything went smoothly but upon installation I got this error -2147213312 and although pro tools is installed, none of my virtual instruments or air plug ins exist... even greyed out on previous sessions where i use the plug ins.... I have tried everything i could possibly think of multiple uninstalls and installs from the disc... even upgraded from 8.003 to 8.005 nothing! read something about a kensington mouse and how that could be the problem... but I dont own one of those... I have been unable to mix properly do to the air plug ins disappearance and I really need some ones help because I don't know what else to do. Would purchasing a back up disk do the trick? or will that not have the creative collection with it?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Creative collection wont launch?

Hi i had some similar issues, on my Win XP machine. It could be an installation issue. I had to reinstall my software, but I ran it as an administrator. Check out my thread under Windows( Xpand2 won't install). Hope it helps.