Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 04-10-2018, 01:04 AM

Default Feature request for the dock in Logic

Some of the buttons on the dock left edit page are hard-coded - such as write/touch/latch, etc. I have no use for "write" mode and would like to re-claim that button for another Eucon function. Also it would be nice to have the ALT key mappable as well.

thanks
Old 04-10-2018, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Feature request for the dock in Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
Some of the buttons on the dock left edit page are hard-coded - such as write/touch/latch, etc. I have no use for "write" mode and would like to re-claim that button for another Eucon function. Also it would be nice to have the ALT key mappable as well.

thanks
ALT will never be remappable. That's how you get to the second layer. (page 2 when programming)

As for the others, they are remappable (write, etc.) So it is up to Apple/Logic developers not Avid/Eucon to make it available to you. You should go send them the request. On Pro Tools, you can remap those softkeys.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 04-10-2018, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
ALT will never be remappable. That's how you get to the second layer. (page 2 when programming)

As for the others, they are remappable (write, etc.) So it is up to Apple/Logic developers not Avid/Eucon to make it available to you. You should go send them the request. On Pro Tools, you can remap those softkeys.
I'd have to disagree with everything you said.

There are no "second layers" in logic, alt just does nothing. There is a SHIFT layer though, as in every other Eucon product.

The other keys mentioned are not re-mappable. There is space to do so in the software, but that is just ignored. Write button still turns on write, etc. And it's only the automation buttons. This is Eucon and hardware, not Logic.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:48 AM

Eucon is a framework that each DAW can use how they want.

Here's what Eucon Dock looks like for Pro Tools. This isn't a restriction put on by Eucon -- it's available to Logic too but they have to want to use it.

Page 1 (first layer without Alt) where you can clearly see I have "Write" able to be changed:

Page 2 (layer up with Alt which is why you see it highlighted and you'll see it marked as "page 2" for programming). I've got "punch preview" ready to change if I want.

Your problem is with Apple/Logic because they can implement this stuff if they want.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 04-10-2018, 01:49 AM

Shift influences the inverted to white.
Alt influences the inverted to grey on the automation side.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Eucon is a framework that each DAW can use how they want.

Here's what Eucon Dock looks like for Pro Tools. This isn't a restriction put on by Eucon -- it's available to Logic too but they have to want to use it.

Page 1 (first layer without Alt) where you can clearly see I have "Write" able to be changed:

Page 2 (layer up with Alt which is why you see it highlighted and you'll see it marked as "page 2" for programming). I've got "punch preview" ready to change if I want.

Your problem is with Apple/Logic because they can implement this stuff if they want.
I'm not convinced that it is up to Apple. My config page looks exactly like yours except the PAGE section is greyed out (there is just 1 page). It looks like something Avid hasn't implemented for logic yet, because the page buttons work for the soft buttons on the dock and artist control. Logic doesn't care where the eucon command comes from, anyway. This would be up to Avid, but it's not my feature request.

As for write, touch, latch, etc, these are the only buttons on the hardware that are hard-coded to those functions. You can assign Eucon functions to them, but they are ignored.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:04 AM

Well, I followed through with programming. First layer it ignored even if I changed the command. It stuck to automation modes.

Second layer (ALT) it works perfectly to reprogram. I quickly put transport controls (play, stop, etc) and they all work.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Well, I followed through with programming. First layer it ignored even if I changed the command. It stuck to automation modes.

Second layer (ALT) it works perfectly to reprogram. I quickly put transport controls (play, stop, etc) and they all work.
Yeah, the device was designed for Pro tools. I don't have a problem with that, but would like some more of the buttons freed up in the absence of ALT functionality.

The SHIFT key is greyed out for the left edit section too.