Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2012, 12:36 AM

Default Computer wont detect device

Hi there,

I rcently upgraded from Fastrack essential to a past track pro utra 8r. I bought it second hand and it did not come with a power supply but managed to locate an adjustable supply from maplin.

The power supply appears to work, when i hit the power on the fasttrack to blue power light comes on and the red and green lights across each preamp flash however when i plug the usb into my computer it doesnt even say there is a device attached.

If anyonehas any ideas please let me konw. maye the usb port is faulty. If it is i will probably link the output on the 8r to my essentially then usb the esential to my computer. will this cause any issues?

Thanks,

Darryl
Old 11-17-2012, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Computer wont detect device

I use the Fast Track 8R in my project studio.

I bought mine new and the manual says to DO NOT connect the device until you have first installed the drivers with the device NOT attached.

I also had to delete all my old drivers for older interfaces first before it would see the Fast Track in Pro Tools.

MP only works with one interface at a time.

ASUS PRIME Z390-A / Intel i7 rackmount PC
Windows 10 home 64 bit
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
AIR Instrument Expansion Pack v2
WAVES Platinum plugin bundle
Tascam US-16x08 Interface
100% Analog real time monitoring 16x4
Yamaha 16 channel MG16XU Analog Monitor Mixer
Yamaha MX-88 / Novation XiO keyboards
Mackie 4-channel headphone amp
Adam A8X monitors
Blue / Shure, etc. microphones

Estonia 6' 8" Parlor Grand Piano
Yamaha Studio Drum kit

https://www.dc-choppah.com/
Old 03-12-2013, 11:43 AM

ok so i purchased some replacement USB and power leads as mine were a bit ropey after the above didnt work.

Still does not notice a new device was added. I do however note that when i look in device manager the avid bus controllers arent listed in my USB controllers. No issues were flagged when i installed it so i cant fathom why. any help?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzb1987 View Post
ok so i purchased some replacement USB and power leads as mine were a bit ropey after the above didnt work.

Still does not notice a new device was added. I do however note that when i look in device manager the avid bus controllers arent listed in my USB controllers. No issues were flagged when i installed it so i cant fathom why. any help?
"No issues were flagged... " when you installed what? Pro Tools or the driver?

If you don't make clear what exactly you have done it hard to make forward progress. It may or may not be a driver problem, but that is the first thing to exclude.

Have you installed drivers for this Fast Track and exactly what version? Did you follow the instructions and install the drivers before connecting the interface? If you installed them before... uninstall them and reboot the computer and then and with the interface not connected reinstall the latest driver.

Darryl