Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-08-2001, 08:06 PM

Default The Irish Connection-Sofine, Mossy etc

I was in Whelans with brando yesterday (friday 7th) and went to Mic Christophers funeral this morning. It was very sad but still beautiful. Everyone was there...Label, Bell X1, The Frames, David Kitt, Paddy Casey, Josh Ritter even flew over from the States. Kila played in the church with Darach and Colm McInomaire.. Liam O'Maonlai sang at the graveside with Glenn Hansard. Very touching. There was loads of others but I'll not go on..

Work in Galway is steady. been here a while so I've built up a rep doing live sound.

'Brown'... not sure that's a good name for a Dublin band [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I think my next Dublin gig is Stand in Vicar St. on 29th.....
Old 12-10-2001, 02:18 AM

Default Re: The Irish Connection-Sofine, Mossy etc

Hi Sean,

Yeah, my sister was at the funeral too. She's going out with Mundy, who was also a m8. Very sad affair. I was away in Galway this weekend.

I'd come down to your gig on the 29th only I'm away in Thailand on the 20th for a while (with my sister and Mundy and guitar!!). If you're in Dublin this Friday, Brown (agree with you about name [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) is supporting Mundy!

Take it easy,

Simon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2001, 08:59 AM

The name (Mic Christopher) sounds familiar - who has he worked with ?
(I'm in Dublin btw)
Old 12-10-2001, 03:00 PM

Hey ShabbyRoad,

He was in the Mary Janes among other bands.

Simon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

btw, where's your studio based? what sort of work?
Old 12-10-2001, 04:50 PM

ah yes, thought I recognised the name.

I'm in D.15 running PTMix+ doing mainly TV sound mix & beta layback, sync to video, sometimes a little mastering and mixes. I can do VO & tracking but don't go for much of that work. I own & manage the facility and use a couple of freelance PT-jockeys who specialize in their own particular area.

(oh, the studio is called 'Apple Venus Recording Planet' - you won't have heard of it because I don't advertise...yet)and yourself ?

-Peter
Old 12-10-2001, 07:49 PM

Shabby.. did you email me before about brando? I have a vague recollection of someone of similar name mailing me before...

Sofine... Hmm is that Kate? I've a bad head with names sometimes.. I'm probably about to find out I know you! I've done a few gigs with Mundy.. i even mixed his Witness gig this year. (mainly because I was there already working for Litton Lane-but in another tent!) I met your sis a few times but only really talked to her after the Devlins gig in Vicar St. on the 9th Nov..We ended up in Renard's where I got V. drunk.
Old 12-11-2001, 03:31 AM

Hey Sean,

Yep. That's Kate! For all you large country dwellers out there, this is actually quite a normal occurence for us Irish. Small country.

I had a meal with her last night and she said it all sounded very familiar, but I didn't know your surname. Anyway, are you up in Dublin (Whelans) this Friday? If not, some other time. I missed Mundy at Witness.

I was meant to be at the Devlins in Vicar St, but something came up. Least I missed Renards!

Lemme know when you're up in Dublin next, hook up for a beer and chat.

Si [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey ShabbyRoad,

You're right. Never heard of the setup. I'm working in Windmill Lane, not the studio (unfortunately - but I've recorded there once) - in the actual Windmill Lane Group. I do multimedia / digital TV / internet stuff. Music as a hobby, though I've collected a fair bit of gear to surround my Digi001, including nice pre-amp / ADDA to bypass the tinny digi pres and converters. Got a Clavia Ddrum System One e-drum kit and I drum in a Dublin band called Brown. Just started out and finished recording a demo EP in my spare room / bedroom studio.

Seriously considering moving into the audio / music game again (used to be a guitar teacher before I got a 'real' job) but wanna get more recording and mixing experience first. I'm soaking it all up though. Swing up to Whelans on Friday if you're around. Mundy is well worth seeing live (Brown is supporting).

L8r,

Simon.
Old 12-11-2001, 01:40 PM

I'm getting a Roland SPD6 with Kick and HiHat pedals for midi drums.. I've loads of drum samples I've made from soundchecks and various drummers. Some of them are on my site for download.. Love a full midi Kit..I'm not a drummer but I do sit behind a kit and play occasionally.

McCormack is my surname. I first met Kate backstage at The Big Day Out in Galway. I think Mundy was supporting the waterboys.. Mundy knows me mainly from working in the Roisin Dubh here in Galway.

Tell all the lads (binzer, brain, keith and mundy) Sean the soundman from galway says Hi!