Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2019, 09:54 AM

Default error messages on aaf import

I'm in TV post and go back and forth with editors with aafs. It usually is a smooth, error free process. However, I occasionally get them, and after we've checked that everything is transcoded and all clips are online, there's nothing more I can do. Right now, I tried 3 different aaf's and it won''t open. This is coming from Premier to Avid and then to me.

This is the current error message:

Could not complete the Import Tracks command because Assertion in "E:\ Code\ 223110\ ProTools\ App\ PtSess\ PtAAF\ PtSess_Iop.cpp", line 323

Anyone have a clue what that is? If I knew what the problem was I could tell the editor and this would be easy, but it has always been this way ... Are you listening Avid?
Old 10-27-2019, 08:41 PM

Default Re: error messages on aaf import

That is well known bug in Pro tools here is the work around there are several ways to import a single or multiple files
1) Select the file(s) in finder and drag the files to track list on the left - this will auto create & import the files
2) Select the file(s) in finder and drag the files to the edit window this will import the files and auto create tracks
3) Select the file(s) in finder and drag the files to an existing audio track - this will import the audio as well.