Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2019, 02:05 PM

Default Please help pro tools error -1928 pro tools running short on couch power

Hello. I am and have been running the most updated protools version 8 LE for years. When I put together the cpu I made sure to go through all the optimizations list on the avid website I recently recorded a band late 2018 and noticed during mixing that the error was slowly creeping in on specific songs. Didn't think much of it then and hadn't had a ton of problems with it again until recently. Now it's completely bogging down almost to where no sessions okay for more than 30 seconds before stopping and getting error. Running Windows version 7. I just added an external blackl lion mk2 and just replaced the old HDD with a brand new 1tb SSD drive. Also funny thing is the system usage never exceeds 15 % and it's not even touching the ram yet. 8gb RAM on the machine should and has been more than enough for much bigger projects with many more plugins loaded. It seems to be getting worse. Any ideas please?
Old 02-03-2019, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Please help pro tools error -1928 pro tools running short on couch power

Okay, I'll take a stab at this. Mostly, you got no replies because you really haven't given enough info/ Look for the link near the top of this(and every) DUC page named Help Us Help You and have a good read. Post full details on the computer and hardware(personally, I have no idea what a "external black lion mk2" is).

Next level; have you recently installed any new software? Plugins? Updates? Can you uninstall to see if things get better? Do you have drive images from when things were working well? Restore to one of those images. Are you connected to the internet with this computer? If so, maybe you have a virus or other "malware" dragging the system down(another good reason to save drive images).

Verify some details because I have never seen a -1928 error or "running short on couch power" message(is the couch in the wrong room?)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-03-2019, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Please help pro tools error -1928 pro tools running short on couch power

Do you mean 9128 error or did it say 1928 as I never seen that before.

If you meant -9128 error then have a look here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ssage/en299475

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-05-2019, 01:41 PM

Sorry about the first post. It was very late/early am and I was no doubt frustrated. I am running Windows 7 professional on a dual core Dell with 8 GB ram. Running protools 8.0.3 for years now. There error message is the 9128 running short ok cpu power. I misspelled before. The black lion mk2 is an external word clock I have added instead of using the internal Digi 003 clock. No new software adds recently. Just the cloning from my HDD to my new SSD. I will go through the avid provisioning once more and test. Thanks for the replies and help.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:12 PM

IIRC, you need 8.0.5 for W7.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 02-05-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
IIRC, you need 8.0.5 for W7.
This is absolute for 003. Let us know what happens after you run the update(and as with all software on win 7 or Win 10, right-click the setup icon and choose Run as Admin)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-06-2019, 09:25 PM

Ok. After second glance it is running 8.0.5 I'm sorry for all of the misinformation. Also when checking the taskbar manager system usage it's staying dramatically lower than what the protools system usage is showing. Also, after narrowing it down, It seems primarily due to the sansamp plugin. Deactivating this plugin specifically is causing the idle and playback percentages to drop by almost %15. Is this normal? Thanks for all the help again!
Old 02-07-2019, 04:03 AM

The issue is denormalization - search the forum or web for it. Put a dither plug-in ahead of the Sansamp plug-in.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction