Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-28-2009, 10:43 PM

Default Elastic audio questions

Hey all

I just recovered from a project that started on an old MIx Protools and Logic 7 rig, got my new HD rig set up and an getting my protools skills back up. I am playing with elastic audio and have some questions. all of my loops etc have been analyzed in Workspace and I have been experimenting with importing them into a session in various ways. When dragging say a stereo loop into a pre existing track with elastic audio enabled everything works great. The file imports quickly and conforms to the new sessions tempo and subsequent tempo changes. But a few things dont work as smooth, maybe you can help.

a) When dragging into the "tracks" list a stereo 4 bar drum loop does not import because of "access error". It also takes very long for this task to complete. Any thoughts on why and what to do to improve/correct this?

b)When using "import>session data" to import multitrack drums on elastic enabled tracks or" import>audio file" command the audio does not automatically conform to the current sessions tempo nor does it conform to tempo changes once it has been initially conformed. Any thoughts on how to automate this behaviour?

Thanks. I am on a 4x2.6 Intel Mac pro using Mac OS 10.4.11 PT 7.4cs8.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Avid

Default Re: Elastic audio questions

Quote:
> a) When dragging into the "tracks" list a stereo 4 bar drum loop does not import because of "access error".
That no good; I'm sorry you're getting that error. Would you mind posting the log from this? You'll find it by opening the Console app in Applications->Utilities, clicking the "Show Log List" toolbar button, then looking under LOG FILES -> ~/Library/Logs -> Pro Tools. If there's a few of them and you've crashed recently, just open the last one; otherwise posting a couple of them would be good. You can post it in a CODE block in your DUC reply (use the # button in the message editor). We'll see if we can get to the bottom of it.

Quote:
> b)When using "import>session data" to import multitrack drums on elastic enabled tracks or" import>audio file" command the audio does not automatically conform to the current sessions tempo nor does it conform to tempo changes once it has been initially conformed. Any thoughts on how to automate this behaviour?
Yes the auto-conforming to tempo only happens on drag and drop when you have the Preview/Import at Session Tempo option enabled (the metronome icon in the browser, or the preference when dragging from the finder). To make this happen after the audio is on the track, you can use the Region->Conform to Tempo. Finally, to make the contents of a track follow changes to the tempo, it needs to be a tick-based track (change the time-base selector in the lower left corner of the track header). When dragging audio with Preview / Import at session tempo turned on, it will by default create tick based tracks if you're not dragging on to an existing one.

I hope that helps.

Paul Vercellotti
Avid Engineering