Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 09-10-2019, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Too bad these are not donation-ware and we have no say in how much and how often we need to pay. Only way of voting is buying or not buying (which is what I've done with WUP, and will do with PA if they go sub only)
Old 09-10-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Too bad these are not donation-ware and we have no say in how much and how often we need to pay. Only way of voting is buying or not buying (which is what I've done with WUP, and will do with PA if they go sub only)
Waves wont see another dime from me either. I have removed all of my Waves plug-ins from the studio. (anyone want them? )

I feel the same as you about Plugin Alliance as well.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-10-2019, 03:19 PM

I haven't given Waves any business in over a decade.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:41 PM

I just hope they aren't burning all of their coding resources on Catalina compatibility and HDX Voice packs.

I am an HD user and would like a new Mac as well at some point, which will probably only run Catalina or above, but damn... 2019 is a load of "why?" at this point.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:47 PM

I have what I need from Waves and the same for Plugin Alliance. I'm pretty much set as to non-vi plugins. Now vi's are another matter. But that's a whole 'nother matter for another thread.

QAPLA!
Old 09-10-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
I just hope they aren't burning all of their coding resources on Catalina compatibility and HDX Voice packs.

I am an HD user and would like a new Mac as well at some point, which will probably only run Catalina or above, but damn... 2019 is a load of "why?" at this point.
They kind of have to use all their resources on Catalina. It's coming out. And there are a bunch of audio software developers who have sent out warnings not to upgrade because of issues. This is one more big problem release for audio from Apple.

It isn't about just "new computers."
Old 09-10-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
You take your facts and get outta here! This is a fanpage, and some of these guys have been trying to get hired by Avid for years.
You got that right! its alway the same two fanboys defending Avid. They are on here all over the place all the time trying to increase thier post count so they will look special. I don't see how they could be doing anything else so they must be looking for a job. LOL! I would also agree about Waves. I haven't bought any plugins from them in years!

Last edited by zion; 09-11-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
You got that right! its alway the same two fanboys defending Avid. They are on here all over the place all the time trying to increase thier post count so they will look special.
LOL! The tools of Pro Tools...
Old 09-11-2019, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post

You wish they wouldn't focus on two things too much yet those two things are the ones you will benefit the most..
Old 09-11-2019, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
With regards to Avid and Pro Tools, I'm not buying beyond the last $99 upgrade plan I paid. I was growing weary of Pro Tools especially given the $99 annual tax. $199 is too much to stomach. I'll be putting my hard earned money elsewhere if that stands or innovation rises stratospherically. As it is, I actually prefer they address long standing bugs but I don't feel I should be paying handsomely for that service

On the positive side, Pro Tools has been more robust in the last two versions. I hope this trend continues.

The Plugin Alliance subscription mania makes absolutely no sense to me. I have licenses for 70 plugins from them so why would I want to subscribe? If the deals continue then I might buy some more but early signs are not promising so far.

Waves are cool in my book. I understand the slight bitterness of DSP users but surely it is long time to move on? WUP is a bit of a pain but I seem to be OK running Mercury on V9 and the rest on V10. I'll need to WUP at some point but to be fair, the plugins have been some of cheapest pro plugins so the odd upgrade expense once in a while isn't a huge issue. Sonnox by way of example have charged me more and more often just to keep up to date.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6