Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2009, 07:56 AM

Default diagnosed the problem... now need a solution

recently i just upgraded to leopard. i installed 7.4.2 and i worked fine for about 3 times. i went to open pro tools again and the startup screen would freeze whenever it said "loading plug ins." i restarted, re installed, etc.. and still had no luck.

so i went to the plug ins folder, moved everything over to the "unused" folder, and restarted. pro tools opened just fine.

then i started putting plug ins back one at a time, opening pro tools after everyone i put in, and seeing if it would freeze. after a very long tedious process of elimination, i found it's the digirewire plug in that is freezing my system. so i put that plug-in in the "unused" folder and pro tools now starts up.

my question is; i need the digirewire, what should i do?

(i'm running pro tools m-powered 7.4.2 with the cs2 update on a macbook pro - 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo)
Old 01-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: diagnosed the problem... now need a solution

You need to update all your ReWire capable applications, like Live, Melodyne, Reason, etc. to versions that are compatible with Pro Tools. Getting the latest versions from the manufacturers site should take care of it.

(You can do a search for DigiRewire on the DUC and turn up many threads with info about this issue.)