Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2004, 07:05 AM

Default vst2retas users inhere? non-users, read this to !

I recently bought this wrapper from FXpansion. At first i was very imprest. Just run the adapter once and all your favorite vst's are now rtas, love it!
Tought i discovered a major bug, well if you can call this a bug, its more like malfunctioning software to me. Anyway, after i removed a vst/i plugin from an aux track in pro tools and click on another vst/i that s still loaded, my screen starts flickering very mad!! The only thing i can do is to close the current session and reopen it..

I asked for help on the FXpansion forum and AngusFX (FXpansion-internet-help-guy) wont answer my problem. If i start a topic on my problem, he just locks it so it will dissapear from the forum.. Anyone having same problems with FXpansion?

So bottomline is, to all people who does nt purchased the wrapper yet, wait untill its WORKING!! Cause you ll just throw away 90 bucks! Its pure ripp off. If this software is tested like tthey say to be, then they intended to rip us of!! Cause any tester will figure this out after working on a session for more then 30 minutes.

And then another thing, when you are not satisfied with your software, they say you get your money back... NOT!!!! Pure lies!!
Old 01-08-2004, 07:42 AM

Default Re: vst2retas users inhere? non-users, read this to !

FWIW, I've been dealing with Fxpansion and Angus for a few years now. Yes, sometimes the new product releases are buggy, but eventually you'll get what you paid for. In addition you're getting the software at a reduced price for being a "beta tester". Once this thing is up and running, I'm sure the price will go up significantly. The web site makes it very clear that this is a pre-release version.

CA
Old 01-08-2004, 07:46 AM

The wrapper is not perfect. There are way too many VSTs out there and some are written differently. I get the flickering too on some VSTs - I don't close PT, I close the VST window and all is fine. A nuisance - yes. BUT - I can now effectively use VSTi's that I couldn't before that I used in my Cubase days. The Grand - Atmosphere etc.

My advice - don't assume the wrapper is the end all but rather a work-in-progress that will get better as users indicate to Angus the problem plugs. And since this is the only way you can use VSts, be happy there is a solution - albeit a bit rough. The alternative is No Vsts.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 01-08-2004, 07:48 AM

Quote:
If i start a topic on my problem, he just locks it so it will dissapear from the forum.. Anyone having same problems with FXpansion?
he locks it (AFTER he moves your post to the real VST-RTAS wrapper thread) because you're supposed to keep all bug reports for that wrapper in its dedicated thread, you doofus. ..or would you rather have bug reports scattered all over the forum in disarry? ..
Old 01-08-2004, 08:10 AM

well ok than, do the following:

-create 2 stereo aux tracks
-insert a vst plugin on each track (vst or vsti, does nt matter)
-delete 1 vst plugin
-try to open the vst plugin that s still loaded

Old 01-08-2004, 09:31 AM

Default Re: vst2retas users inhere? non-users, read this t

Quote:
you doofus.
Was that really neccesary? Are we having a bad day?
Old 01-08-2004, 11:03 AM

ikke

If you read the bug report thread at K-v-R, I posted a simple work-around which requires one mouse click.

(Actually I posted two work-arounds) both which are incredibly simple.

well ok than, do the following:

-create 2 stereo aux tracks
-insert a vst plugin on each track (vst or vsti, does nt matter)
-- Disable the plug-in (Control+Start click on it in the insert)
-delete 1 vst plugin
-try to open the vst plugin that s still loaded

No problem...

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 01-09-2004, 03:41 PM

Default Re: vst2retas users inhere? non-users, read this t

Quote:
Quote:
you doofus.
Was that really neccesary? Are we having a bad day?
i thought it was, because the original poster was very harshly accusing FXpansion of wrong, when in fact the poster wasn't using their forum properly / failed to read all of Angus' very clear explanations as to why the threads were relocated (not just closed, as the original poster misunderstood).