Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2014, 05:15 PM

Default Bugs Found in 11.2.1

Bugs Found in 11.2.1, please contribute.

1) Input monitoring will suddenly and without reason stop passing audio through it to your outputs (no output even though there's signal there). You can actually record your print stems but not hear anything even though with your bussing you should. Quick remedy: the input monitor is turned off then on again on that channel that won't pass to the outputs. In my experience this seems to happen whenever you are looping something.
  • Occurs if the output of a track with input monitoring is a digital buss not assigned to an analog / physical output in the i/o setup. Doesn't happen when a track is on auto input monitoring that's record enabled.

2) Insertion follows playback bug (which went away in previous version then reappeared.) Quick fix is to trash all your preference files and it returns to normal. Seems to happen when in your preferences you turn this on, and then in the edit window you turn it on and off again. Will randomly start falling back 1 frame or so (especially in 29.97df sessions).

3) ProTools suddenly crashes / quits with an auto backup. I've seen this all the way back to version 10x. Why hasn't this been fixed?

Last edited by Nathan W.; 11-10-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Bugs Found in 11.2.1

The only one I've found is that after several hours of use the multi tool no longer changes as you move the mouse around a clip.
It gets stuck.

A re-start of PT fixes it.

Good idea to have a bugs thread.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:33 PM

Using Audiosuite plugins, I've found that rendering multiple regions results in mangled audio when set to create individual files, clip by clip, and whole file enabled. I've found this using invert, EQ, and gain.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:57 AM

Nathan, the "auto backup" crash - we've seen this for quite some time. Are you using Altiverb by any chance?
Old 11-03-2014, 05:39 AM

When in touch/latch mode running transport.. i have it fairly often that a parameter i touch that should latch (pan or EQ usually) will not latch on the first move (despite transport running and audio playing).. i will have to do the move again and it'll latch on the 2nd attempt.

Using back+play on a d-command: if i use this function and the playhead lands on a track using Bittersweet v3 (DSP.. not native), the track will have a full scale pop on playback. It'll clip my controller meter display but not the track it happened on.

Also a constant 'missing CODEC' error when importing session data from any session. It seems once a bad codec is imported into a project, even when cleaned, the error continuously pops up on any import (session data, audio, video etc.) or opening the project.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
after several hours of use the multi tool no longer changes as you move the mouse around a clip.
It gets stuck.

A re-start of PT fixes it.
Quote:
3) ProTools suddenly crashes / quits with an auto backup. I've seen this all the way back to version 10x.
The same here for these ones. And for the auto backup crash I am using Altiverb and suspect that it is the crash reason.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Using Audiosuite plugins, I've found that rendering multiple regions results in mangled audio when set to create individual files, clip by clip, and whole file enabled. I've found this using invert, EQ, and gain.
I've seen that bug too...mangled audio when rendering multiple clips / regions.

Quote:
Nathan, the "auto backup" crash - we've seen this for quite some time. Are you using Altiverb by any chance?
No not using Altiverb. I believe this is ProTools related.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:52 AM

The noise blast of doom is another thankfully very rarely occurring bug.

Full scale digital noise on all outputs. I had this happen to me on a big dub stage and we were nearly dissolved by it, it was so loud!

It happened to me very slightly again the other day and I think it might be caused by running a session very close to the maximum amount of Ram in the machine?

I also have a suspicion about Altiverb on that one too, as one time that's where the noise was coming from.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
I also have a suspicion about Altiverb on that one too, as one time that's where the noise was coming from.
Had this from Altiverb and Reverb One. Ridiculous bug
Old 11-07-2014, 02:24 AM

In disk allocation I can't select the last 60 track, only the first 64 to give them an alternate disk while recording 128 tracks.
For some strange reason the disk allocation window works perfectly fine for 60-70 channels, but above that it just doesn't allow me to select the tracks.