Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2009, 05:11 AM

Default Exception Error in PT8 using MIDI Editor

Last night I started my first serious session with PT8. I imported a MIDI drum loop to the region list and dragged it to a drum track. I then double-clicked on it to edit and PT throws an 'unknown exception error'. Shut down PT and tried again, same message.

Has anyone successfully used the MIDI editor in PT8?

Larry
002R | Pro Tools 8 (cs2) | Windows XP SP3 | ASUS P5Q Pro
Old 04-10-2009, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Exception Error in PT8 using MIDI Editor

i've had the same issue...and had just about given up, but i'd read somewhere here that targeted windows are the culprit...so it is a known behavior.
just make sure you have no fx windows, etc targeted (the red box in the upper right shouldn't be lit), and it should just work. i wonder/wish if there was a pref to turn off targeting...as it seems to automatically target every window you open...
let me know if this is any help.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Younkins View Post
Has anyone successfully used the MIDI editor in PT8?

Larry
002R | Pro Tools 8 (cs2) | Windows XP SP3 | ASUS P5Q Pro
It Works fine for me, I do however prefer the old edit window MIDI tracks. Just slow to adapt I guess.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-10-2009, 12:25 PM

I get the same error too, but I think I know why it happens. The error happens when you open a Midi Editor window and minimize it or hide it by clicking on another window (i.e. the mix/edit window). Like most you probably have those windows sized to the viewable area of your monitor, so when you click on it, the Midi Editor window goes to the rear. If you double click a Midi Region with a window already open, the exception occurs. As far as I can tell the error isnt fatal.