Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2016, 02:11 AM

Default 3.5 Update no panel detected anymore

Yesterday I installed 3.5, today after booting up my computer no panel (mix, transport, control) is detected anymore. I went back to 3.4 whatever and now it works again.

/RANT ON

I cannot describe how tired I am with Avid's constant stream of getting this wrong every couple of updates.

Seriously, my faith in this company getting even the most basic things right (like connecting a driver to a unit) is so low, it really influences my buying decisions as a customer.

If things were okay, I would have bought the S3 a year ago and I was temped more than once in the last couple of months, but your software it's just a constant stream of mess, really.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AVID!

The ONLY reason I stay with this platform is that there is no alternative!
If somebody else had a nice and affordable solution I would have jumped ship years ago.

This is so frustrating

/RANT OFF
Old 10-20-2016, 03:09 PM

Default Re: 3.5 Update no panel detected anymore

I'm having the same issue but I'm noticing that it won't allow me to attach my current (and only) workstation. Rolling back to 3.4 didn't fix it for me.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 10-22-2016, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tention View Post
Yesterday I installed 3.5, today after booting up my computer no panel (mix, transport, control) is detected anymore. I went back to 3.4 whatever and now it works again.

/RANT ON

I cannot describe how tired I am with Avid's constant stream of getting this wrong every couple of updates.

Seriously, my faith in this company getting even the most basic things right (like connecting a driver to a unit) is so low, it really influences my buying decisions as a customer.

If things were okay, I would have bought the S3 a year ago and I was temped more than once in the last couple of months, but your software it's just a constant stream of mess, really.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AVID!

The ONLY reason I stay with this platform is that there is no alternative!
If somebody else had a nice and affordable solution I would have jumped ship years ago.

This is so frustrating

/RANT OFF
can you guys be more specific .. i have an older MC Transport and i did the update to 3.5 yesterday .. i did not even have to do the firmware update .. all is good .. i updated the iPad app as well and the only thing i had to do was restart the ipad and ADD the iPad into the My Surfaces pane under surfaces in the Eucon Settings and all is good

happy to help .. john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 10-22-2016, 07:26 AM

The problem is that I cannot be more specific.

I updated and all was well. Mixed a show for about 4-5 hrs with the new 3.5 version.
Rebooted the next day and no panel was detected anymore.

That's all I can say. I don't know why this should happen. Uninstalled 3.5, reinstalled 3.4 and now it works again.

It *must* be a software thing.

This never happened with 3.4. I use the things professionally for many hours every day. If there was a hardware fault either in the wiring/network or the units themselves chances are it would have happened during the time 3.4 was installed, but it never did.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tention View Post
The problem is that I cannot be more specific.

I updated and all was well. Mixed a show for about 4-5 hrs with the new 3.5 version.
Rebooted the next day and no panel was detected anymore.

That's all I can say. I don't know why this should happen. Uninstalled 3.5, reinstalled 3.4 and now it works again.

It *must* be a software thing.

This never happened with 3.4. I use the things professionally for many hours every day. If there was a hardware fault either in the wiring/network or the units themselves chances are it would have happened during the time 3.4 was installed, but it never did.
i see, copy that ... i am having a similar no rhyme or reason issue myself the past few days ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 11-10-2016, 11:25 PM

Here's my .02 since I've been having this issue over the last several version upgrades on Mac and PC either separately or in workstation mode. First power the unit on...it will not be recognized at first so pull the power adapter wait 15-20 seconds, plug the power back in and restart the unit...it will take another 20 seconds or so but the surface should then be recognized. I have no idea why this works for me or if it will work for you. I used to have a dedicated IP set up on the units but after that stopped behaving I reverted back to DHCP...this may be the reason that it needs the power cycle but who knows. Avid has let us all hang out to dry with virtually no support. This is sad since the Artist surfaces are very good and are integral to my workflow. BTW I run an Artist Mix surface for my Post Production pre dubs on a MacPro OS 10.10 and an Artist Control for my music creation PC....Win10. In past Eucon versions I had successfully used the workstation option to switch both units to either Computers if both were online. That has become fussy as well, but I've learned to be happy with dedicating one unit to each rig as described above.

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television