Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 09-04-2013, 03:36 PM

Default Plug ins Missing (Kontakt, POD Farm) from Pro Tools 10 Plug-in list

Hey guys, I recently installed Mountain Lion 10.8.4. When I booted PT10 I could not see any of my Komplete plug-ins or POD farm. I re-installed PT10 version 10.7 and the Avid Virtual Instrument installer but still no luck. I noticed that some of my plug-ins where in the Users:Shared folder, and some where in the Native Instruments folder. Should I drag and drop the plug-ins i found into another folder? PLEASE HELP!
-MS
Old 09-04-2013, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Plug ins Missing (Kontakt, POD Farm) from Pro Tools 10 Plug-in list

Quote:
Originally Posted by smythmakesmusic View Post
Hey guys, I recently installed Mountain Lion 10.8.4. When I booted PT10 I could not see any of my Komplete plug-ins or POD farm. I re-installed PT10 version 10.7 and the Avid Virtual Instrument installer but still no luck. I noticed that some of my plug-ins where in the Users:Shared folder, and some where in the Native Instruments folder. Should I drag and drop the plug-ins i found into another folder? PLEASE HELP!
-MS
Those folders really don't mean much in where PT looks for plugins. On a Mac the plugins are in Macintosh HD/library/application support/Avid/audio/plugins for aax plugins (which will have the .aax exrension) and Macintosh HD/library/application support/Digidesign/plugins for .dpm (aka RTAS) plugins which will have the .dpm extension. Note that there are two folders - one for plugins that are used and one for unused plugins. Make sure the plugins you want are not in the unused plugins folder. If you are running PT 11 and don't have plugins that are aax 64 bit PT 11 will offer to move those that aren't aax 64 bit to the unused plugins folder. You don't want that to happen if you're running both PT10 and PT11.

QAPLA!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Those folders really don't mean much in where PT looks for plugins. On a Mac the plugins are in Macintosh HD/library/application support/Avid/audio/plugins for aax plugins (which will have the .aax exrension) and Macintosh HD/library/application support/Digidesign/plugins for .dpm (aka RTAS) plugins which will have the .dpm extension. Note that there are two folders - one for plugins that are used and one for unused plugins. Make sure the plugins you want are not in the unused plugins folder. If you are running PT 11 and don't have plugins that are aax 64 bit PT 11 will offer to move those that aren't aax 64 bit to the unused plugins folder. You don't want that to happen if you're running both PT10 and PT11.
The real problem is none of my Native Instrument software like Kontakt/Battery will open with Pro Tools 10. Its just not on the plug-in list. PLEASE HELP!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:58 PM

Do you know where your .dpm files are for those VST plugins?
- 8 gb Ram
- M-Audio Fast Track Pro
- External Samsung DVD-RW
- Acorn Masterkey 49 keyboard
Old 09-17-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varholl View Post
They are not VST plugins they are RTAS plugins and have nothing to do with VST.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-17-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
The real problem is none of my Native Instrument software like Kontakt/Battery will open with Pro Tools 10. Its just not on the plug-in list. PLEASE HELP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by varholl View Post
Like varholl says - where are your .dpm files and for that matter the .aax files? The .dpm files should be in Macintosh HD/library/application support/Digidesign/plugins (there's also a plugins unused folder there). The .aax plugins should be in Macintosh HD/Library/application support/Avid/audio/plugins Apple by default hides the Library folder in Mountain Lion however there are several ways to get to it. One is to hold down the Option key and select Library from the Go menu item in Finder. To permanently unhide the library the Library folder type this in a Terminal window: chflags nohidden ~/Library

By the way .dpm plugins in PT are RTAS and NOT vst. PT never used vst plugins.

QAPLA!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Like varholl says - where are your .dpm files and for that matter the .aax files? The .dpm files should be in Macintosh HD/library/application support/Digidesign/plugins (there's also a plugins unused folder there). The .aax plugins should be in Macintosh HD/Library/application support/Avid/audio/plugins Apple by default hides the Library folder in Mountain Lion however there are several ways to get to it. One is to hold down the Option key and select Library from the Go menu item in Finder. To permanently unhide the library the Library folder type this in a Terminal window: chflags nohidden ~/Library

By the way .dpm plugins in PT are RTAS and NOT vst. PT never used vst plugins.

I cant find the .dpm files for Kontakt or POD Farm, I have the folder open with the .dpm files showing up. It looks like most everything is in the "Shared" folder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 5.53.24 PM.jpg (60.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 5.54.17 PM.jpg (45.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-17-2013, 03:03 PM

No Komplete, no POD farm!!!!! AHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 6.01.46 PM.png (84.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-17-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
No Komplete, no POD farm!!!!! AHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
Weird but Kontakt is aax 32 bit and should not be in the .dpm folder and should be in the Avid .aax folder.. Just an observation. Doesn't change the fact that they are missing.. Have you looked in the "unused" folder and see if you put them there when starting up PT11 as 11 asks for some plugins to be put in the unused folder and they should NOT be put there as you will loose them in PT10. We have to press no everytime we start up PT11 HD..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-17-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Weird but Kontakt is aax 32 bit and should not be in the .dpm folder and should be in the Avid .aax folder.. Just an observation. Doesn't change the fact that they are missing.. Have you looked in the "unused" folder and see if you put them there when starting up PT11 as 11 asks for some plugins to be put in the unused folder and they should NOT be put there as you will loose them in PT10. We have to press no everytime we start up PT11 HD..
I don't have PT11, only 10. It's also not in unused.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 6.12.24 PM.jpg (38.3 KB, 0 views)