Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 09-11-2012, 10:12 AM

Default Massey plug ins demo corupted mixer, 'Plug in Racks need reset'

I am very interested in trying the Massey plug ins on our Dshow, running System 2.9, Specifically his limiter the L2007.

I downloaded the massey install bundle, (Windows V3.9)[bleep] yesterday for the Dshow and installed it. immediately after doing so all my plug ins on the Dshow got the 'Plug in Racks need reset', then the 'Can't Initialize plug in Racks' message, the only way to fix it was to uninstall the Massey Demos.

I know looking around here at the AVID D.U.C. Venue forum, that there are users using your stuff with the Venue. Could it be a older version of the software is more compatible?

I would love some help on this matter..... thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Massey plug ins demo corupted mixer, 'Plug in Racks need reset'

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikiwi View Post
I am very interested in trying the Massey plug ins on our Dshow, running System 2.9, Specifically his limiter the L2007.

I downloaded the massey install bundle, (Windows V3.9)[bleep] yesterday for the Dshow and installed it. immediately after doing so all my plug ins on the Dshow got the 'Plug in Racks need reset', then the 'Can't Initialize plug in Racks' message, the only way to fix it was to uninstall the Massey Demos.

I know looking around here at the AVID D.U.C. Venue forum, that there are users using your stuff with the Venue. Could it be a older version of the software is more compatible?

I would love some help on this matter..... thanks
Well, I had this happen and I mailed Steve... and to be honest I don't remember what I did to make it work, or I didn't, not sure. I have bought de-esser and Tape-Head and these purchased versions work fine.

Sure enough I was standing next to a desk that we tried to get Massey demos on to this summer and it completely locked up, so be careful.

I can check the versions I have on mine, in case I have demos that work.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Massey plug ins demo corupted mixer, 'Plug in Racks need reset'

I had this happen with Massey demo's. Full install took care of the problem.