Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2014, 08:45 PM

Default PT 11 IO Configurations

I have been trying to use my ASC but keep getting Visualforce error. So frustrating! Its supposed to be 60 days support, but 30 days are already over and still couldn't get through to them.

Can someone help with this question?

Would it be possible to configure I/O template for me? What should the IO look like? I could not get C24 preamps 1-8 to work. C24 Line Out 1-8 is connected to UA Apollo Quad Line In 1-8. UA Line Out 1-8 is connected to C24 Pro Tools In. I also have focusrite octopre connected to UA via optical. I'm trying to record 16 channels via 8 C24 preamps and 8 octo pre amps simultaneously.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:46 PM

Default Re: PT 11 IO Configurations

IO template isn't going to make the preamps work. Seems like line input is selected rather than mic input going by the little information provided. If the DI (1/4 inch inputs) has a connection it will defeat/override the mic input. Is the Mic input indicator lighted for each channel?

Your IO should have 16 IO paths at least (8 stereo pairs with 2 mono sub paths each). But you route those inside of ProTools. The C24 is external to ProTools which judging by your post is not passing sound. It's a fancy mouse with some audio connections. I set one up years ago and it can be confusing to set up and use.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:20 PM

Default Re: PT 11 IO Configurations

Thank you so much. I think you are right. Line In to UA Quad could have overridden the mic pres. So does it mean if I remove those connections, the C24 mic pres should work. My interface only has 8in/8out.