Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2010, 06:36 AM

Default Altering time signature/meter of one bar ruins the rest of my tempo map

Hi,

I'm creating a few click tracks which have quite a few time signature changes and tempo changes. It turns out when mapping out one of the tracks we incorrectly selected 6/4 and need to change that single bar to 5/4. The problem is that if I change the time signature for that single bar Pro Tools throws the rest of the click track completely out, instead of simply moving the next change 1 beat further forward it sticks in a random 4/4 change and moves the whole track along 2 bars from that point onwards!

I'm rather confused by this behaviour, can anyone tell me how to change a time signature for one bar with out ruining everything that comes after?
Old 10-19-2010, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Altering time signature/meter of one bar ruins the rest of my tempo map

Yes I have a similar problem, very interested in meter changes.
Mike.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 10-19-2010, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Altering time signature/meter of one bar ruins the rest of my tempo map

As always seems to be the case, I think I've solved it minutes after posting the question but hours after struggling with the problem!!

Try this:

Place the insertion point at the time signature that you wish to alter. Now go to: Event -> Time Operations -> Change Meter.

There should be some fairly self explanatory options to change in there, seems to do what I want without ruining the whole track! I'm not sure why it acts differently when simply altering a time signature on the meter track.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes View Post
Place the insertion point at the time signature that you wish to alter. Now go to: Event -> Time Operations -> Change Meter.
Thanks Robes, this had me stumped a couple of weeks back. I'll give it it a try.
Love your work :)
Mike.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid