Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-12-2008, 01:23 PM

Default HELP. Missing Bars in Pro Tools

I am prepping for stings session. the score was done in Logic with lots of tempo and time signature changes. the string session is going to be tracked in Pro Tools so I need to to get the all the tempo changes and time signatures, basically the form from Logic in pro tools. So what i have done is export a MIDI file from Logic and import it into Pro Tools and all the Tempo and Time signatures changes even the markers show up all laid out correctly. But is missing bars in Pro Tools. For example the session time line goes from bar 317 to 319. i am missing a total of 5 bars, randomly thought out the session but only after bar 300. the session is about 14 minutes long with about 500 bars. i don't know if there is a limitation. Has anyone had this problem? DId you find a solution?

I am in a bit of a time crunch, i have 3 of these sessions to do and going through and manually rebuilding each session being each of them are over 13 minutes long..........ughhhhh!

thanks

AC
osX 10.5.5
Euphonix cs2000
Old 04-12-2008, 04:53 PM

Default Re: HELP. Missing Bars in Pro Tools

We have seen a problem recently where there was a case exactly as you describe where there were missing bars. The solution If I remember was to delete the last tempo change before the screwy bars and re-insert the correct tempo. But, to be honest, we were in a rush for a session as well, so I don't know exactly how we did it. If you like sen me the session without audio and I will take a look at it.
best regards
Simon L.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Avid

Interesting - now are you describing a numbering problem, where the counter in Pro Tools will skip from 317 straight to 319, or do you mean that a measure's worth of MIDI has gone missing (or both)?

First thing to check - does it import back into Logic correctly?

If so, would you mind sending me the MIDI file? I could see if it's a bug on our end or their end.

Paul Vercellotti
Avid Engineering
Old 04-25-2019, 03:10 PM

I'm encountering the exact same problem. The measure counter goes straight from measure 17 to 19. There's no bar 18. Also in MIDI event list the bar 18 doesn't exist. I have no slightest clue why...