Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2015, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Is there any point in upgrading to PT12 before new features are introduced?

Avid was a lot closer to the financial edge a few years ago than they are now.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Is there any point in upgrading to PT12 before new features are introduced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
They say Media Composer is doing real well with this approach.
I must say that I was told the same thing by Avid, however I work with a metric crapload of editors on a daily basis and I can say (anecdotally) that they report a much more nuanced view. Many despise it as much as PT users seem to. Others are apathetic to it, and still others are okay with it. I've yet to meet an editor who loves it (like Avid claims there are).

AD
Old 04-03-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru_C View Post
Hi, thanks for answering the actual question Bob (this thread seems to have been turned into another general grumble about PT12).

So yes, hang on until Dec31st (or until something amazing & bug free is added)

cheers
I myself am holding out hope that Avid sweetens the pot with the subscription. Something like bundling Media composer/PTHD/some CALM act compliant plugins for post production users. PT(or PTHD)/Sibelius/Eleven/some more music oriented plugs for music users. That would be a value add that would make a subscription work. Adobe learned this with their offerings and it is working out really well for them.

AD
Old 04-03-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Seward View Post
I gave New England Digital, the maker of Synclavier, a $25,000 deposit for a system. Then they ceased operations and kept my deposit.
Wow! I have nothing to complain about then......

Last edited by JFreak; 04-03-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: fixed the quote