Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2000, 07:21 PM

Default Re: PC Fader bugs??

Hi Ray Fabi (and all),
Beyond the initial mechanical problems that Jules mentioned in his post, there should be a fix in for the problem you mentioned about "fader fallback" in the firmware revision that shipped with v5.0 software. The new firmware offers a new preference under UTILITY>PREFS>FADERS. It's an adjustment for "fader back tension" and you it comes factory defaulted to "8." This controls the amount of electromotive backtension applied so that the fader won't slide back (even if the fader is at an angle). It also has the effect of being able to adjust the overall fader feel from very stiff (full on) to very easy to move ("0"). Hope this helps you out, and let Gannon and me know how it works for you.
Old 02-03-2000, 03:18 AM

wow! Cool! I find the faders a bit too 'glidey' or 'slippy' without resistance I wonder if I can tweak here to get them more the way I want...?
P.S. does anyone find the mechanic to audio action of the faders a little 'late'? One digi staff said he does vocal rides with the fader but then goes back and draws them a bit earlier using what the fader 'tried to do' as a guide.
Any opinions here? Can one offset ones fader performance to happen a little earlier? "One" wonders....Fader action, discuss please.

Jules
www.gearslutz.com
Old 02-03-2000, 08:33 PM

Hi all,

Sorry, been swamped! Thanks, Dave for answering the fader fallback issue. It's a pretty cool solution. I also found the faders to be a little slippery and the back tension fixed it right up for me. It should also get rid of the any fallback problems. Please let me know if it doesn't.

As far as the automation not tracking in time, that is a stumper! I've never had a problem with it and I have mixed a lot on ProControl. Jules, are you on a network? That's the only thing I can think of that might cause a delay. It should be extremely accurate timing wise.

Good news on the faders going to sleep issue. I'm testing a new build of the personality that widens the tolerance window a little bit. So far, it seems to be working, but it's one of those things you have to look at for a while before you notice an improvement. If all goes well, I should be able to post it for you guys to try out. I'll let you know.

Be well!

-GK
Old 02-04-2000, 02:11 AM

Thanks for all the attention to ProControl questions latley Digi!

Jules, tight fader, Standen
www.gearslutz.com
Old 02-08-2000, 09:01 PM

Don't know where else to put this, so I'll start here.

When we do a mix, and automate with PC, when we stop, PT puts a "stop" edit point and all the volume information returns to the point the faders were before the automation pass. This may be handy for dropping in on a mix in 'touch' mode, but becomes very annoying when you want to continue the mix in 'latch' mode. To put it amother way, I want the faders to stay where they last were when I press stop.

At present I have to delete the last edit point that PT puts in when I press stop, and the faders behave as I would expect. Or, quickly touch all the faders in the run up to the edit point to latch them into write mode. Both are a bit of a pain.

Does anyone else have an irk with this? or am I not running PT in the correct mode?

Suggestions?
Old 02-09-2000, 04:23 AM

Roger: If you press the "go to end of session key" while holding down the clt key during an automation pass, playback will stop and a dialog will popup asking if you want to write the current automation data to the end of the session.

Greg
Old 02-09-2000, 08:28 PM

Roger... be careful because everything that is enabled for automation will be copied to the end. If you want level automation written until the end, make sure you don't have the plug ins, sends, etc set to record automation. Check out the manual... it's in there somewhere.
Old 02-10-2000, 02:08 AM

Dave ! Is there a way to use the new firmware of PT 5.0 with PT 4.32 ?
Regards !
Toko
Old 02-15-2000, 10:06 PM

Hi Toko,

I'll answer for Dave. The controller personalities for the different versions of the app are not meant to be mixed. It can be done, but it can have a destabilizing effect on your system, so best not to do it.

-gannon kashiwa
ProControl Team
Old 02-16-2000, 03:22 PM

About the automation thing.

Thanks everyone, I thought it was just something I was doing wrong..I've now mapped the cntrl-click to a quick-key.