Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2013, 10:42 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 iLok Liscense

I've recently bought an Mbox mini with Pro Tools 9, which apparently came with a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10. I've used my support code to download Pro Tools 10.3.5 from the avid website, but I'm unsure how I am supposed to get the iLok license to run it, as my iLok only has a license for 9.

At this point I would rather just use 9 to save the trouble, but I am trying to run it on a MacBook Pro OS X 10.3.8, which isn't compatible with it. Have I missed something obvious, or do I have to buy another license? Thanks.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 iLok Liscense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan B. View Post
I've recently bought an Mbox mini with Pro Tools 9, which apparently came with a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10. I've used my support code to download Pro Tools 10.3.5 from the avid website, but I'm unsure how I am supposed to get the iLok license to run it, as my iLok only has a license for 9.

At this point I would rather just use 9 to save the trouble, but I am trying to run it on a MacBook Pro OS X 10.3.8, which isn't compatible with it. Have I missed something obvious, or do I have to buy another license? Thanks.
Hi,

When did you purchase PT 9?
Are you definitely sure your ilok auth isn't a PT 9/10 bundle auth.

Is pro tools 10.3.5 in your Avid account? if it is then you are definitely entitled to it and should have the ilok auth.

Have you been through your account and checked register new product page etc.

You can get registration support here... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...roubleshooting

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 iLok Liscense

I bought it nearly a week ago, on May 20th. On the iLok account I've created it says "Pro Tools 9" as the product I have on it, if that makes sense. I haven't had any kind of prompt to claim another license and I don't have anything that I can download.

I think the problem may have more to do with the second thing you wrote. I have registered my products with the cards that came in my pack, and I received confirmation emails and everything, but I didn't make an account before I did so. Do you know if would this be the problem? According to my avid account I don't have any product details, nor anything to download. I downloaded 10.3.5 using the support code I was given when I registered my products. Thanks for your help.

I've assumed, as nothing else has been apparent, that I'm expected to download 10 using the support code. Do you know if that's correct?