Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-18-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Two Editing Questions....

1) how do I delete the first minute of a 24-trk song, so that when I start a bounce to disk, that 1st minute is not included?

2) Have 3 songs on one session. How do I bounce each song without bouncing all three?

Sorry but my PT reference guide is not in the "help" dropdown...

Thanks
Old 12-18-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Two Editing Questions....

Select in the timeline.

For instance:
If you want ot create a one minute clip of a song for website previewing or such, simply set the main timeline scale to minutes|second, and then select exactly one minute. Preview, and then use Bounce to Disk. The bounce will only include the section of time selected on the timeline.

If you are looking to bounce a song, and eliminate a portion fo the beginning: be aware that using timeline selection when bouncing, allow for any trails of FX and such at the end! Selecting thru to the end ONLY may cut off reverb tail(s), etc. Best bet- albeit more work- select, and allow for a few seconds after a song ends (unless it is a fade-out of course!), bounce, then reimport and preview; cut unneeded end material, and then save it as it's own audio file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:10 PM

IMO
1. If you want to eliminate the first minute. Cut it off in the beginning and "Save as" another song. Then bounce the version that you want.
2. I believe if you put the songs that you dont want in MUTE, it wont record when you bounce to disk.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:32 PM

Simply make a selection in the timeline of what you want to BTD. This is always recommended BTW.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••