Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2003, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Default Re: 24-bit Optimized Mixer version 5.1.1x330

I'm sure you're right, Lynn. I just don't remember that particular version number, even though I probably posted it to the website way back when. I think we threw up a few early on before getting one that worked with 5.0 through 5.1.1 with both MIX and PT 24 hardware.

And just so nobody gets the wrong idea, it was actually my many years of knowing Lynn from the Daw-Mac list (and his website) and my respect for his knowledge that led me to speculate that he might have been asked at some point to test for us. He's certainly qualified. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Bruce Paine
Old 05-22-2003, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Digidesign:
I'm sure you're right, Lynn. I just don't remember that particular version number, even though I probably posted it to the website way back when. I think we threw up a few early on before getting one that worked with 5.0 through 5.1.1 with both MIX and PT 24 hardware.

And just so nobody gets the wrong idea, it was actually my many years of knowing Lynn from the Daw-Mac list (and his website) and my respect for his knowledge that led me to speculate that he might have been asked at some point to test for us. He's certainly qualified. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Bruce! Nice hearing from you. I wondered where you'd gone.

I might have been asked at one point. I don't remember. I've just never had the time. So I wasn't bothered by the suggestion, just wanted to be clear.

If you send over an HD system, I'll definitely put it through the wringer. Maybe even sniff out a few things. Call me if you're interested.

Bruce, you're a gem. Nice hearing from you.
Don't ever change.

BTW: Do you hang out at DAW-MAC any more? I haven't read a post there for almost two years.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:47 AM

Interesting question n°1 : why is Dithered mixer 5.1.1b2 still beta ?

Interesting question n°2 : is there an equivalent (or even better) in Pro Tools 6 ? I would hate to have to go back to an undithered mixer...
Old 05-23-2003, 02:49 PM

I installed and I dunno why, out 2 started to sound strange, dark and distorted. Some clips evry time I opened PT 5.1.1.
I went back too the original one;

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:00 PM

And to anyone wondering what all this pertains to, please refer to the 3D Audio website and it's associated forum (http://www.3daudioinc.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi) where the search for truth is in full swing. Lynn has spearheaded an ambitious attempt to put to rest the many rumours concerning digital mixing software (or at least find the right questions). The lively threads are being attended by some very knowledgable people and Lynn has a DAWSUM Shootout CD for sale (along with great preamp, mic, and converter shootouts). Just wanted to plug Lynn's much appreciated labors.