How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2017, 06:31 AM
Avid

Default Re: S6 and UAD plug-ins.

It sounds like you are accessing the dedicated EQ view which has a very specific layout and parameter names. It sounds like they are simply repurposing the mid band controls since they don't have a mid band so users can control the channel number. Unfortunately the parameter name is a mapping only to one of those available in the dedicated EQ model.

With that said, the mapping is designed not to mimic the user interface of any given plug-in, but to be predictable regardless of the manufacturer. Here's a bitmap showing the way the fields look on the dedicated EQ for example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgditvyy1f...ed_EQ.png?dl=0

The 3rd party can choose which of those fields they want map to parameters in their plug-in. For an EQ that has more than 5 parametric bands, they need to choose which bands will be displayed and where. It is also possible to create a separate Inserts Parameters map that can be completely custom and span multiple pages independent of the dedicate EQ & DYN (Magenta and Green) Maps.

If the DYN is missing some assignments that exist in the dynamics model we can definitely get that addressed. Thanks.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM

I wish I could find it now, but it was a few weeks ago and I deleted the response. I inquired to UAudio about plugin parameter mapping for S6/EUCON etc and the response was that they don't do anything like that and have no plans to in the future.

It sounds like that's inaccurate?
Old 12-27-2019, 07:34 AM
Avid

If you are referring to standard EQ and DYN associations, the UA stuff already does this. Let me know if that’s not what you’re after.

best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ