Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-14-2005, 06:37 PM

Default protools and external hard drive

ok so i'm getting a powerbook and an external harddrive i know i should record on the external drive but where do i install protools? internal or external drive? oh ya and what format do i need to fromat the drive i forget.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: protools and external hard drive

bump...
oh ya a few more questions where do i put live and my other plug-ins, and when recording how do you tell protools to record to the external drive.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Re: protools and external hard drive

Quote:
but where do i install protools? internal or external drive? oh ya and what format do i need to fromat the drive i forget.
Install PT on your system drive in your Applications folder just like every other app. The format should be Mac OS Extended with NO JOURNALING!

Quote:
where do i put live and my other plug-ins
Most plug-ins will install themselves in the correct folder by default. If for some reason you need to drag n' drop, there's a shortcut to the plug-ins folder within the Digidesign application folder.

Quote:
when recording how do you tell protools to record to the external drive.
By default it will record to the drive where the session was created. If you create a session on the external drive, it will record all audio into that session folder's audio files folder (also created by default for you).