Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2017, 04:26 AM

Default Avid (Arvato-Systems) keep asking for payment

Arvato is requesting Paypal payment for Pro Tools after 5 days from payment. ([email protected]). I paid, I have the invoice, the money were retrieved from my account. Order No:712305212, Invoice number :1000386727 / 10.03.2017. The money are blocked on my bank waiting for the seller to approve the transaction. The seller did not approved Yet, but sends me requests for payment ? Is that something common ?
Old 03-15-2017, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Avid (Arvato-Systems) keep asking for payment

Not common (that I'm aware of), and I see you have a support case open for this so please watch your email for a case notice. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:38 AM

Thanks Jeffro, I'll wait a response.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:56 AM

I have to forward the issue :

Chronologically :

1. I paid for a product via Paypal.

2. I received the product online, the invoice ( that stipulates "The invoice amount has already been charged to your PayPal account" ), the money were blocked on my bank, ready for transfer - the transaction was legally made via channels that seller provided.

3. On my PayPal activity appears a temporary authorization from the seller : "This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when arvato systems GmbH completes your order."

4. After 5 days the seller sends me a payment request.

5. After talking to them (Avid), I understand that they are not able to capture the money from PayPal.

6 .I tried to respond to payment request (Arvato's request on PayPal), because I thought that will give them the authorization to acces the money in transit. The response was : "This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions." The money are blocked in transfer on my bank, so I can't acces them. Even if I want to pay, I can't.

As I understand, the guys that I'm communicating with (Avid's web store support) have a small margin to move, trying just to capture the money, nothing more. But this is a technical problem (a glitch from Avid or Arvato sales system) , I can't do nothing more on my end. Impossibility to capture the money (that are blocked in transfer) is just an effect of a problem in payment-delivery path.

As an example, pehaps they (Avid/Arvato guys) have to mark the item as "shipped" or something to unblock the payment, I don't know.

Paypal is working correct, after transaction with Avid, I've had another transaction for a plugin Ilok transfer. That one was processed.

I hope that they will solve the problem and capture the money.Today I'm totally confused.

I've sent an email to Arvato Systems also (I've dropped the emails/messages bomb to solve the mistery) even if they don't seem to be a company that talks with ordinary mortals. Also it seems at first sight that Arvato can't handle this transaction in particular. Taking in consideration that on my Avid account downloads were updated almost manually in one week or so (opened case for loopmasters not showing on my account, etc.), perhaps something happened, a glitch on Avid/Arvato communication.

Sorry Jeffro (or somebody from Avid) for long narative, I hope that You have better credentials to pass the issue to some tech guys that cover the sales also. I think they can logically follow the transaction path from start to end to identify where was the problem. Thank You.

Last edited by saptezsapte; 03-18-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:49 PM

Since you already have a support case in progress and have already provided this info there it's best to continue working through your support case. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:06 PM

Ok Jeffro, PayPal is escalating the case for me also. It will be solved one way or another.