Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-13-2016, 12:18 PM

Default exporting from itunes? (How to post on the "Let's hear your latest stuff" thread)

can anyone tell me the procedure for exporting a song from itunes to the avid forums,("let's hear your latest stuff") ?
Old 07-13-2016, 06:22 PM

Default Re: exporting from itunes?

When you are writing your post, click the "attachments" button (above where you type your post, top line, to the right of the smile face, looks like a paper clip), and choose the desired file to be uploaded to the DUC as an attachment. You'll have to navigate until you locate the desired file.

EDIT:
No!!! See below. Sorry 'bout that, Terry.
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume

Last edited by EGS; 07-15-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:08 AM

Default How do I....?

I have a recording that I would like to post on the "Let's hear your latest stuff" category. Problem is I don't know how and I'm embarrassed to ask for instructions. Do I need to have my own website to do this? If anyone would like to help me out, please do so and thanks!
Old 07-15-2016, 08:36 AM

Default Re: exporting from itunes? post on the "Let's hear your latest stuff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
can anyone tell me the procedure for exporting a song from itunes to the avid forums,("let's hear your latest stuff") ?
You'll need to upload your finished audio file to a hosting site, since this forum's attachments are limited in format and size (mostly for graphics & PDFs). There are plenty of paid and free options out there (including our Artist Community). After uploading to one of those sites you should be able to copy the URL for that and paste that as a link into a post in the Let's hear your latest stuff....right here thread. See some of the more recent posts in that thread for examples.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
...this forum's attachments are limited in format and size (mostly for graphics & PDFs)...
Ooops, I forgot about that... What is the size limit?
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 07-15-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS View Post
Ooops, I forgot about that... What is the size limit?
It's about 100k for graphics and 800k for PDFs. MP3 and WAV not supported. I'll update How to Join & Post with more info.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:20 AM

I went to Soundcloud's site, since I have seen other's use that site to upload music. Under the Terms and Conditions, under the "Your Content" section, it appears to preclude cover songs, although it doesn't use that specific term.

Does anyone know if that is the case for sure? I am guessing the other music hosting websites have similar language.

Here is the link to the section I was referring to. (My legal education is limited to a Business Law class in Graduate School, quite a few years ago).

https://soundcloud.com/terms-of-use#your-content

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
I went to Soundcloud's site, since I have seen other's use that site to upload music. Under the Terms and Conditions, under the "Your Content" section, it appears to preclude cover songs, although it doesn't use that specific term.

Does anyone know if that is the case for sure? I am guessing the other music hosting websites have similar language.

Here is the link to the section I was referring to. (My legal education is limited to a Business Law class in Graduate School, quite a few years ago).

https://soundcloud.com/terms-of-use#your-content
what kind of Cover, is this a Parody ?? i think Parodies are ok .. but please do not quote me ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 07-15-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
I went to Soundcloud's site <snip> it appears to preclude cover songs <snip> Does anyone know if that is the case for sure?
I would say so based on http://copyright.help.soundcloud.com...t-infringement and other info at http://copyright.help.soundcloud.com
Old 07-15-2016, 11:23 AM

Thanks guys. So, I guess if your not a composer you just can't post to the internet! I had heard that if you credit the Composer(s) that it was ok but I guess not. If anyone wants to hear my mixes let me know if I can e-mail them. That is unless that's also not legal! Thanks anyway,