Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2012, 11:26 AM

Default Re: how much more can you take, AVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartFang View Post
PS. NOtice all the 20-something posters that show up when you mention Apple...

I think it should be noted that Apple is cutting edge when it comes to webaganda. They single handidly destroyed the music industry with the iPod...pushing all the right buttons online making everyone feel that they had a right to steal music and put it on their iPods...iPods made Billions for Apple on the backs of songwriters players and recordists...and make no mistake, they have been pounding Avid, just like this, posters pretending to be unhappy customers....it's pretty sickening actually.

Every chance these little Apple natzis get, they come on here and other forums and lie, obsfucate and slander..all the while acting like little innocent consumers.

Remember...billions because of the iPod...there would have been no iPhone, no iPad nothing no Apple as we know it...without the iPod...which only worked if there was FREE content to load onto it...billions.

Seems we forget this too easily...

Apple wants to bury Avid...and are doing there darndest...thing is...Avid makes really good gear...that's Apple's problem...they can't bury Avid with Final Cut, Logic or any other product that goes toe to toe....because Avid's products are better...

You will see a huge Law suit shortly that will take Apple down...the biggest proponents of thieving the music industry is poised to be held accountable....

Have fun Applebots.
Destroyed the music industry, have they? Did you think that the music industry was going to survive forever on the distribution of physical media? You sound to me like an out of touch, bitter, clueless old man. And I am not in my 20s.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfelton View Post
I hear they are busy working on the next release.
http://www.winfunusa.com/product/baby-dj-music-mixer
Just great, I hear they are already reports of sticking sliders and buttons breaking on these new Artist Series models.

Darryl
Old 11-05-2012, 12:34 PM

hahaha.... Mr.Fang, you truly amused me, perhaps it's time you put down those 'magical' units of yours and pick up some English dictionaries or something... It's quite amazing how you still don't get what this topic is about.

Late night comedy, this is!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM

Dr Fang - suck it up princess.
Read the posts more carefully - clip gain Version 10.3 vs version 8. PT8 does not have clip gain.

Anyway - I wrote that for Avid's benefit, not yours. I want them to understand, not you. Now they do. However, once again, in case anyone missed it:

Quote:
The REAL point, and all that needs to be said - is that Avid can and does put the effort required into their other software to ensure broad ranging capabilities, compliance and high-end operability. They have not even come CLOSE to that with the Euphonix software. They want a pro userbase - they need to service their userbase. They are not and potential users are walking away - fact. There is one thing that is absolutely, unswerveably, and undeniably true - unavoidably so - AVID ARE NOT PROVIDING NECESSARY UPDATES OR SUPPORT FOR THEIR EUPHONIX PRODUCTS.
Thanks and bye.

Last thing man - just enjoy life, it's the only one you get so make the most of it.

/me waves
Old 11-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Avid

Default Re: Happy Belated Birthday, Eucon 2.6.2!!!

Guys,

Since 2008 I've been working with EUCON and the Artist Series. There have been a ton of rumors, a couple of bad breaks, and a lot of challenges, but we're still here working to make EUCON and EUCON aware controllers the state of the industry.

To those of you who really care about the products like I do and know it's amazing potential to be so much more than it already is, thank you for helping each other out on these boards. I personally appreciate the positive and constructive dialog that has solved so many problems for so many users on the DUC since the Euphonix acquisition.

For the others:
You guys remind me of Alex Smith haters!
I leave you alone for a month and a half after explaining that we are taking time to rework the protocol. That we are working to improve speed, performance, and reliability. I posted my email address and my email signature. And you blow this place up with all of this negativity. I understand that we haven't had an update for a couple revs of Apple OS, and I'm working on making that happen.

It's hard for me to watch this forum all the time and answer every question. Every couple of weeks I've tried to skim through and help guys out who are honestly looking for help. The truth is, we wear a lot of hats in Avid product management and full time forum watching just can't be one of them if we are going to keep designing and building tools for you guys to make music.

Help me help you guys out. If you just go on negative trips in public places, other people form negative impressions without doing further research. We test here every day and I know there are some issues, but there are also work arounds. Maybe we need to have those posted in a better place than the stickies above.

I'm really doing my best here, and I want to solve all of these problems so you have killer gear just like you want the best gear to make your best art. It just takes time, and at a bigger company, that's just the reality of the situation. Please have some trust, we are doing good work for you.

And another thing: Trolls will be banished. That's just how it goes. If people try to help you, and you haven't engaged Avid support, you're goners if you keep up the negative trash talk.

JC
John Haydon
Principal Product Manager | Audio Product Management

Avid
2001 Junipero Serra Boulevard
Daly City, CA 94014-3886
United States
[email protected]
t +1 (650) 237-1721

We’re Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com <http://www.avid.com/>
Old 11-05-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I am a huge fan of digital distribution. I am a big opponent of ILLEGAL digital distribution. They are certainly not one in the same.

This IS relevant to this discussion because frankly Apple makes a point with every new OS, which seems to be every 6 months now, to throw curve balls at Avid (and others)that take a month or two to sort out...Apple IS trying to bury Avid...make no mistake about it...

...so why mention this??? BECAUSE IT IS APPLE THAT YOU SHOULD BE COMPLAINING TO...why is it with every new OS, we are inundated with a whole bunch of problems? Why can't APPLE stop screwing us over...?

That is why you stay behind...because with every new Apple "improvement" Software developers (that aren;t Apple) have to chase gremlins around while their clients complain.

Go complain to Apple please...or just SIMPLY use Lion...there is some very simple logic at play here. Compulsive disorders are not Avids fault.
You are a conspiracy theory lunatic if you think that Apple is trying to purposely destroy Avid. They make changes and improvements to OS X, this affects everyone. Software developers have to adapt, this is nothing new. One of these changes introduced in Lion created a bug that causes Logic to go briefly unresponsive in certain situations.

So by your reasoning is apple trying to destroy its own product, Logic Pro?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Avid

Exclamation Re: Happy Belated Birthday, Eucon 2.6.2!!!

Okay... when we re-open this thread in a bit please bring this discussion back on topic: Eucon 2.6.2 and Artist Series hardware.

Posts not related to the thread topic could be moved to new/other threads. Posts with personal attacks/insults will be removed.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 PM

Great! So how is it, how far along are you guys in the process of updating Eucon for 10.8, or for that matter, macbook pro with retina display?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Apple doesn't know how to manage Pro software. Logic was fantastic before Apple bought it.

You don;t know my reasoning, so leave it be.

Apple is the problem. Sure maybe Avid could have an update by now. I'll give you that, but your rigs should be working just fine unless you are ones of those that is always flirting with disaster, then well, I guess you get what you deserve.
Logic is still fantastic. They have improved it considerably. Sure there are bugs, there were always bugs.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:18 AM

Hi, i'm using Mountain Lion.
Logic 9.1.8 freezes using Eucon...
Can't use Ableton Live with Mackie protocol...
Please update Eucon software!!!!

Regards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk