Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 06:41 AM

Default Swapped music cut, automation stopped working

I do audio production and post-production using music and sound effects libraries. In one production, after having written automation, I merely replaced a piece of music and expected that I'd have to tweak the automation. Well, after changing the music, the automation for those two tracks stopped working. When I attempted to rewrite the automation, it would 'go thru the motions'; there was automation drawn on the screen, yet on playback the tracks played at the level where I last left the faders. I tried everything I could think of, including deleting the fader groupings and starting over, and restarting the computer and the Digi002, but those two tracks will no longer automate. I had to move the music to two new tracks in order for automation to once again work for me. Any ideas? Thanks!