Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-10-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Ptools 6.0.1-6.1.2??????????

Im running an ancient version of Ptools i thnk it is 6.0.1. On OS 10.2.?

I just got back my computer 2day after it was at the music store where it was being "repaired" for 6 Months and when i say repaired, i mean made to work for the first time in 20 months,since i bought it.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG STORY

Im happy to have my baby back, even though it is now outdated.(and out of warranty along with all the rest of the stuff in the package, paid for UP FRONT which was specced by "the shop in question"s "Expert"[sorry for concentrated use of inverted commas{sorry 4 the overuse of brackets<sorry 4 repeating myself>}] and now they clain that their "expert" did not design the system in the first place.) I could go on.

I have Reason adapted 4 digidesign and the plugin will not show in Ptools, its Bcoz i have an ancient version of Ptools right?

What version of Ptools/OSX do i need?

I also have Cubase SX version 1.? Rewire shows u pin this but i cannot get reason to respond to the MIDI from Cubase. 1 man show =less problems right?(no bouncing, no fighting over core audio driver e.t.c.)

I originally purchased Cubase for the "BIG GIG KIT" (a halion drum kit which sounds pretty cool) and some synth stuff. At the time, it seemed like a smart thing to use a different program 4 MIDI as Ptools was lacking in that area, but now they are getting better. And i am told, they are workin g quite intensivley on the MIDI side of things to rival that aspect in other progarms.

so now,i thnk ill get rid of Cubase ad stick to Ptools for all my needs, with BFD, Vst to RTAS wrapper and either sample tank or REASON. I should be set.

PS, how does the 002R compare to the 001?;
I know that the 002R
*has more ins & outs
*has more preamps(4) and better(focusrite)
*96K sampling rate
BUT
*does it;
*drive Protools any better?
*is the latency much less?

Is DIGIDESIGN still running the promotion on the 001 for 002 tradein?

Is the 002 cheaper/better than 002R+Command 8?

Thanx for any feedback

PPS. The store installed a total of 1.5GB RAM into my Dual867Mhz G4(mirror door) and also an additional 120GB internal HD (Western Digital 8MG Cache 7200Rpm) but then in an altercation involving them trying to pressure me into signing documents stating that i and release them from responsiblity of the system working correctly, before i had thoroughly tested it(They know they dont have a leg to stand on in court), The manager/owner requested for his tech to remove the addtitional RAM (reducing it back down to 512) and the extra 120GB(reduced to (1x) 120GB internal HD partitioned, 100 GB for Audio, this was their original spec!!!!!!

So now i have the option to;
*increase the HD+RAM again, with a private tech.
*Bite the bullet and look into a new computer(i'd prefer to stay away from the G5 fro atleast teh next 6 months) maybe a 1.25G G4(i think they are the fastest ones)
*I dont think i can upgrade the processor effectively in my current machine.

When i was testing the System 2day i found that the hard disk was way down but the CPU was clipping(wouldnt plaY) at 32 tracks at 24bit 48K with 1 limiter on the compressor and 8 d-verbs with the CPU usage limit set at 85%, Thats with no virual instruments or automation. NOw im aware you can use AUDIOsuite to process stuff but its more conveniant to have the option to instantly take a plug-in off. Plus as i said im lookin to get BFD(CPU HOG)+SAMPLETANK2(CPU HOG)e.t.c. so i think i really need more processing power.

I realise ive covered a lot of topics but i do have a lot of issues that need solving.

Perhaps i should have seperated them into subgroups and parsed them out, but i just started writing and i kept rememnering more stuff

any help would be great.

LUD
Old 06-10-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Re: REASON ADAPTED Ptools 6.0.1

If I remember correctly, rewire was introduced into ProTools in version 6.0, so I don't know why you don't see Reason Adapted. I can tell you that Reason Adapted is made to work with ProTools, so I doubt you'll get it to work with Cubase. You can upgrade to 6.4 for free...I suggest you do this.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:28 PM

Silverlode,

thanx 4 your help, ill re-install Reason and see how i go.

On the topic of Cubase+Rewire, i definately had REWIRE+REASON working at my mates place, with Nuendo...........

Ill let u know how i go

LUD
Old 06-10-2004, 03:53 PM

You actually need Pro Tools 6.1 or higher for Rewire compatibility. You can download the update from the Digi site.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:53 AM

Thanx more me in the monitors(long name)

How recent can i go with OS 10.2.6.?

cheers

LUD
Old 06-11-2004, 04:32 AM

http://www.digidesign.com/compato/
Old 06-12-2004, 12:27 AM

On the download link, i have come to the conclusion that the version i should get is Ptools 6.1.2

But it also says that 6.1 is needed, i have 6.0.1.......

I cant find a link for update to 6.1,

will the update from 6.0.1 straight to 6.1.2 work?

Thanks in advance.

LUD
Old 06-12-2004, 02:45 AM
Administrator

You need to update from 6.0 to 6.1, then to 6.1.2. The 6.1 update is right below the 6.1.2 update under Featured Downloads:
www.digidesign.com/download

Pro Tools LE 6.1.x to 6.1.2 Update for Jaguar
Pro Tools TDM & LE 6.0.x to 6.1 Update for Jaguar
Old 06-12-2004, 03:07 AM

THANX,

How embarassing, i didnt see it bcoz it says TDM and then LE,

thanx heaps

Great support in ths forum

LUD