Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2018, 05:53 AM

Default measuring latency of plugins

is there a way to measure the latency of a plugin or multiple plugins in pt 2018?
Old 10-24-2018, 06:14 AM

Default Re: measuring latency of plugins

Disable latency compensation, bus the output of the track wth latent plugin to a new track, record and check the latency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2018, 08:21 AM

Show delay compensation on the MIX window.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-24-2018, 09:35 AM

do both the above and compare the numbers. And compare those there to the latency claimed in the documentation, as already suggested elsewhere. And tell us what exact plugins you are using and how they are set up etc. (so others have any clue if knowing what the latency should be or if they are buggy with ADC etc.)

You seem to be creating multiple different threads for the same issue you are having. You would likely make more progress if you kept the discussion in one focused thread.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
do both the above and compare the numbers. And compare those there to the latency claimed in the documentation, as already suggested elsewhere. And tell us what exact plugins you are using and how they are set up etc. (so others have any clue if knowing what the latency should be or if they are buggy with ADC etc.)

You seem to be creating multiple different threads for the same issue you are having. You would likely make more progress if you kept the discussion in one focused thread.
ok thanks for the info...
Old 10-25-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:

so i measured the latency of auto tune 8 and its reading 102 at the bottom but is that in samples or milliseconds...and is that the latency of what im hearing or is that the latency of the recorded track itself on the timeline?...if it is can i just nudge the track 102 (samples or milli) back to get it perfectly in time? idk why this is problem in pt in fl studio i dont have this problem.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:14 PM

Default measuring latency of plugins

Are you talking about the number you see in the bottom of the mix window? If so, you haven’t measured anything. That is what the plugin is reporting it’s latency to be to Pro Tools.

To measure the latency and see if that figure is accurate, you need to do what I outlined above. Have you done that?

FYI - this is not a problem in PT. You’re obviously more familiar with FL which begs the question - why not keep working in that DAW?

Also, are you using the AAX version of Autotune or are you still hosting it within Patchwork? It’s more than likely that it won’t affect the latency, but when testing issues it’s best to eliminate variables.

And to answer your question re: latency - it is the latency the plugin is adding to the track in samples. If you dont have delay compensation enabled, that audio track will be 102 samples out of sync with your other tracks. But, the other tracks themselves may have latency inducing plugins, so that number is not the be all and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sardi; 10-25-2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:08 PM

^^^ yes nothing measured, as explained multiple times now in all these stupid threads. Please follow the DUC rules and post one thread for one issue. Maybe a moderator could merge them together.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 10-25-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yl956 View Post
idk why this is problem in pt in fl studio i dont have this problem.
Well are you still running this through Bluecat patchworks? If so... ya think that might be related? Did you try the AAX plugins as suggested in you know one of your other threads about this same issue you have created on DUC?

There is a big fat very well written Pro Tools Reference Guide that is already installed on your computer that will explain ADC and what you see on the screen. You are well past the point when you should take some time to RTFM.

But yes samples, you can of course just move that number of samples if you have to. Solving whatever is going on here (possibly a user mistake) would be better.

Lots of other questions directed at you across all your posts here remain unanswered like what version of Auto Tune you are running and how you have it configured, and what the reported vs actual measured latency is.. Lack of answers there and games with patchwork would make a suspicious person suspect you are running a cracked license...
Old 10-28-2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Well are you still running this through Bluecat patchworks? If so... ya think that might be related? Did you try the AAX plugins as suggested in you know one of your other threads about this same issue you have created on DUC?

There is a big fat very well written Pro Tools Reference Guide that is already installed on your computer that will explain ADC and what you see on the screen. You are well past the point when you should take some time to RTFM.

But yes samples, you can of course just move that number of samples if you have to. Solving whatever is going on here (possibly a user mistake) would be better.

Lots of other questions directed at you across all your posts here remain unanswered like what version of Auto Tune you are running and how you have it configured, and what the reported vs actual measured latency is.. Lack of answers there and games with patchwork would make a suspicious person suspect you are running a cracked license...
the duc police just private messaged me threating to kick me out the duc club wtf lol calm down guys were all just friends trying to make great recordings how serious can this be this is crazy lol