Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-22-2006, 12:06 PM

Default AudioSuite Plug-ins not showing on track plug-ins

Hi, I have the new factory bundle mbox2 I'm working with. When I look to assign plug-ins on a specific audio track I can locate the list of plug-ins but some are missing. Example: On the main tool bar in protools under audiosuite I see many plug-ins one particularly called chorus. When on an audio track under the plug-ins menu I will see many of these plug-ins but select ones like chorus don't show up here. Why?

Thanks
Bryan
Old 02-22-2006, 12:12 PM

Default Re: AudioSuite Plug-ins not showing on track plug-

Some plug-ins, including the chorus you mention, are Audiosuite only.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:29 PM

So that means I cannot use them on audio tracks? If not why are they there?
Old 02-22-2006, 12:36 PM

You effect the audio file directly with Audiosuite plugs.
Highlight a region or section of a reigon, choose a plug from the Audiosuite menu, get your settings as you want them, and apply the effect. This will create a new region containing the desired effect.

Audiosuite plugs are very much usable, just not in real time.
Plug-ins that are available as inserts are RTAS (real time) plugs.

Highly reccommend reading the Plug-In's Guide .
Old 02-22-2006, 12:37 PM

You can use them on audio tracks, but AudioSuite plugins are offline plugins, whereas RTAS means Real Time Audio Suite, so you can use them in real time in your mix window. Unfortunatley, not all AS plugins are also available in RTAS format.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:46 PM

Thanks Holly73. That hits the nail on the head for me. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I get it now.

JMS40 thank you as well for your second response. I've noted you answering a couple of my question with a taste of inferiority. I'm sure you are some all knowing being on this stuff and I applogize for my ignorance. Just keep in mind that all levels of users are out there. Try to be patient and understanding of the less educated.

Bryan
Old 02-22-2006, 01:05 PM

That certainly was not intended.
What exactly did you perceive as condecending?
I simply answered your questions with as much information as possible.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I've noted you answering a couple of my question with a taste of inferiority.
I don't get that impression at all; it seemed to me like he was really trying to help you.

You came here looking for help why? Because the people here know the answers to the questions you are asking. But many of us also know that there might be an easier way for you to learn the answers than to have to come all the way out to the internet, post a question and wait for an answer.

Please don't take offense or feel inferior when we try to help you. Try to be patient and understanding when we show you where to look for the answers you are looking for. I'm sure Jon Mark meant no offense at all, and was genuinely trying to help.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 02-22-2006, 01:37 PM

I just percieved JM's first response on this one and another respose in the past as very generic and high level, like I should understand. I'll I'm saying is that someone of lesser knowledge would need the details to understand some of your responses. Meaning at first your response to my question supplied me with zero help as I'm sure it would to anyone on my level. The second response I found 100% helpful but not until feeling inferior from the first. I've tried to explain my perception. It's just a perception thought and JM if you didn't mean it to be percieved that way, I'm sorry for bring this up. Thanks again for the advice.

Bryan
Old 02-22-2006, 02:00 PM

One thing that you have to understand; we really don't know your level of knowledge (or anyone else's for that matter). Many times we have to guage how much someone knows by putting the answer out there, and seeing if they ask for more details. Someone with a little more knowledge than you might understand right away with no further exlanation needed. That person might be offended if we took it to the base level and walked through it right away like you're asking (and yes, that has happened).
Do you see my point?

The intent is not to make you feel inferior, the intent is to guage how much you know and how much more detail you may need without offending anybody (sometimes very hard to do).

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12