Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 08-17-2009, 03:45 AM

Default LRC Mains Fader Assign + Mute/Function state not stored??

Hey Guys,

I have 2 annoying issues that i face on our Profile console, and i'd love to find a solution to this.

Firstly, the software checkboxes (hard buttons on a D-Show) that assign the L, R, and C levels to the mains fader dont seem to be able to be stored either as part of a snapshot or a show file? this is very irritating because i use the L,R buss as a 2-track version of my matrix sends to drive my nearfield monitors. i use the C-buss as my sub send (i like to have fader control of the subs). so i only want my Mains fader to control the C-buss level and leave L,R fixed at 0dB. however, whenever i power cycle the console, it defaults to having all 3 assigned to the mains fader. this should be able to be stored in a snapshot - maybe as part of the 'Fader' scope of the Mains fader?

Secondly, the same is true of function button that toggles the 8 mute groups to be 8 function keys. now i suspect this cannot be assigned to a snapshot or show file simply because i presume it doesnt have a software implementation, it merely toggles the commands sent by those 8 buttons. however, at the very least, it would be good if it could remember its state when you power cycled...

Can either of these things be addressed?
Old 08-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Avid

Default Re: LRC Mains Fader Assign + Mute/Function state not stored??

Hi Chris,
Quote:
Firstly, the software checkboxes (hard buttons on a D-Show) that assign the L, R, and C levels to the mains fader dont seem to be able to be stored
True, and it's easy to see how this can be annoying. We've logged this to be fixed in an upcoming release.
Quote:
Secondly, the same is true of function button that toggles the 8 mute groups to be 8 function keys
This has been fixed in version 2.8.1, when it becomes available.

Sheldon
Old 08-17-2009, 02:32 PM

Default Re: LRC Mains Fader Assign + Mute/Function state not stored??

Thanks for the reply Sheldon, its good to see these fixes being implemented.

Chris