Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 AM

Default Steinberg Vs Avid Marketing Team

Sad but true .... Steinberg are offering a 33% to 50% discounts to people that are willing to crossgrade from "ANY" version of Pro Tools to Cubase 6 !!!

The news is available on their main website ....

Kindly, lay off every little individual in avid's marketing Team

Thank you
Old 02-03-2012, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Steinberg Vs Avid Marketing Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bechara View Post
Sad but true .... Steinberg are offering a 33% to 50% discounts to people that are willing to crossgrade from "ANY" version of Pro Tools to Cubase 6 !!!

Thank you
Read your tos

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid
Because this is a support forum for users helping other users with technical issues regarding Avid products, the following types of threads are not allowed:

Polls
Petitions
X vs.Y threads (Mac vs. PC, Pro Tools vs. Nuendo, etc.)

Wave-T.com
Old 02-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Couldn't care less for Cub or Nu, but it's a shame they don't offer that for Wavelab, I have bunch of PT8LE's laying around...
Old 02-03-2012, 07:48 AM

the 2nd place team going after 1st place? nothing new.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 AM

Almost every company has trade-in offers sometimes. Nothing new here, this time it is Steinberg.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:

Thank you
Hey DJ, maybe Steinberg is getting ready for PT 11 64 bit. As a former Cubase user, I can tell you that there are people like me who prefer PT but use Cubase solely because of MIDI and 64 bit. Not everyone wants to be bothered with a VI Host like VE Pro or Reaper ReWire, only those of us who got tired of going back and forth and just want to use PT. IMO, if PT 11 64 is solid and priced just right, then there will be people coming back, and jumping on board. Logic being $200 nor Steinberg's marketing will stop the business Avid will get if PT 11 64 is done right.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:31 AM

Guys ... I intended no harm ... I am just frustrated .... I thought it was an open forum ... anyway Regards ... disregard the topic ...
Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Glad to see you around spenner ...

Just a thought mates ... do you think a 64 bit Pro Tools would be able to compete with an HDX system if there were any AAX DSP Virtual Instruments ?? (What about Plugins ?)
Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Glad to see you around spenner ...

Just a thought mates ... do you think a 64 bit Pro Tools would be able to compete with an HDX system if there were any AAX DSP Virtual Instruments ?? (What about Plugins ?)
At that point it will be a general purpose cpu ability to compete with dedicated signal processing chips. So while you can have a 12 core system or even 20 core system if you want it (2 xeon 10 core) they are still general purpose cpu that are not optimized for signal processing against 18 optimized dedicated signal processing chips. And while the plugins can run natively I doubt there's any real optimization made to them to make them run faster and with less cpu imprint, than the dsp plugins are. That optimization of the chips and the plugin in itself is what I think makes the whole difference and why the hdx card is better at that task than a computer cpu.

Wave-T.com
Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Guys ... I intended no harm ... I am just frustrated .... I thought it was an open forum ... anyway Regards ... disregard the topic ...
Trust me. I'm frustrated too. Reaper ReWire is not ideal, but I bought it first, can deal with it, and will not get VE Pro. My next move will either be a solid PT 11 64 or something else. The latter is scary because I really like PT and just can't record, edit, and mix audio the same in another DAW.

Quote:
My opinion... The DSP crowd has their reasons and I try to stay out of that debate. What is your need and workflow? For almost all Native users, an 8-12 core processor with SSD drives and a ton of RAM is more than enough power for VI needs.