Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2001, 10:39 PM

Default iMovie/Quicktime audio out of sync

When I had the free demo version of iMovie and exported a quicktime movie to be imported into ProTools it was perfectly synced. Now that I have upgraded to iMovie2 (and re-installed many applications after a major problem) my audio is roughly 200ms delayed. I've been resyncing in ProTools for a while now but I want to finally fix this!
My setup is:
iMovie2, Sony DVMC media converter, Mac G4 AGP, Quicktime Pro and PT's v 5.01. I've dropped many unnecessary extentions to optimize ProTools. Audio, video and PT's share the same stock G4 drive which I know is a NO, NO but this all worked perfectly for a while back when I had the free iMovie set up. Even on it's way in ... the audio is delayed (watching input in iMovie). Hum, is the issue iMovie settings, Quicktime settings or some extention I dropped?

Any Ideas???

Thanks